New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by admercelle View Post
    Pero marami na ako nakikita mga taxi na hyundai at kia sir, sana madali lang makahanap at sana walang masira na major parts sa bibilhin ko hehe.

Ah yes buti nasabi mo sir pansin ko din yan hindi mababa ang rear na gulong ng accent, sa shocks pala yan.
    I've owned korean and japanese cars.. latest gen of kia rios are reliable and have interchangeable parts with hyundai... no major problems encountered.. just the regular maintenance.. same with my japanese cars..

Again for my money.. ill buy the latest year model with the lowest mileage korean or japanese car.. the chinese.. pass

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hello po mga Sirs, hihingi lang po sana ako ng advice sa inyu sa dalawang sasakyan ko na pinagpipilian both are 2nd hand;

2017 Kia Rio 1.6L MT 6speed, ODO 20K+ (Top of the line)
    2012-2017 Hyundai Accent 1.4 MT, ODO 50K+

Mas pabor ako sa Kia Rio dahil mababa odo pero wala akong idea sa sasakyan kasi ito magiging 1st car ko pagnagkataon.

1.) Ilan po actual fuel consumption sa city ng Kia Rion na 1.6L engine?
    2.) Sa engine performance, alin po ang mas maganda?
    3.) Pag may sira, alin po mas madali mahanapan ng mga parts?
    4.) In terms of driving, alin po mas smooth at malakas sa paakyat ng road?
    5.) Alin po mas matatag sa dalawa yung tipong kahit rough road eh ok parin?
    6.) Overall verdict po ninyu

Sana po ay matulungan ninyu ako makapag-decide kung mag go-go ako sa Kia Rio or dun ako sa Accent

Marami pong salamat
    I don't think there ever was a 1.6 Rio available locally. All 1.4 if I'm not mistaken. And still came with the notoriously knocking Gamma 1.4 engine. Don't know if later model years solved the problem. But Hyundai directly replaced that engine with the newer Kappa 1.4 during mid cycle facelift to address the knocking problem, and which is also apparently more fuel efficient.

AFAIK both cars are mechanical twins, so suspension performance should be pretty much the same, and parts should be easily accessible for both, especially if you live in Metro Manila.

Rough road? I don't think any sedan would like that. 2017 Kia Rio 1.6L MT v.s 2012-2017 Hyundai Accent 1.4 MT But Hyundai/Kia's waterloo has always been in the suspension department. Kumportable pero kalampagin. Even in our Santa Fe and Carnival, I have had to replace suspension parts at the 10 year mark or even before that, when their Japanese counterparts lasted way longer. Heck, to this day our 19 year old Revo still has all of its original shocks!

Verdict? Want a reliable appliance, no more no less? Get a Vios! Preferably with the dual VVTi engine for more horses and better gas mileage. Expect to find parts for it and mechanics familiar with it anywhere in the country, for at least the next twenty years.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    when i said it was short. it had low capacity.

you're talking about the tire-to-fender gap.

back to your original post, the kia 1.6 will have more power obivously thus faster but to the expense of fuel use. though not that much. I think this rio(IF 4th Generation 2017+) has a newer suspension setup. the newer generation korean models have better suspensions overall.
    Ah ok2 po sir yung capacity pala, pansin ko sir kasi medyo mababa gap halos sagad siguro puno sa likod nung mga nakikita kung mababa.

Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    TS if this is your first car i would consider getting jap car for better parts availability and service... sorry to korean and china car owners, nothing againts you... Just my opinion...

Also, looking for second hand car is not easy if you are looking for reliabilty... so for me, jap car will solve at least a portion of the realibility concern...

Sige na nga, toyota vios ako. Look for something worth sa hard earned money mo na vios...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually sir naghahanap din ako ng Vios na pasok sa budget ko, may nakikita ako na medyo pasok (pero mas mahal parin compare sa 2 nabanggit hehe), pero 100K+ na ang ODO. Good buy parin po ba yun sa Vios sir? Kahit mataas na mileage 100k+ vios versus doon sa 2 na nabanggit ko?

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    go vios, altis, or even innova diesel, if you get lucky.
    they're japanese, with perceived good build quality and reliability.
    also, maraming piyesang hindi ga-mahal, at maraming mekanikong marunong gumawa.
    yung ibang piyesa nga ay nabibili sa mall.
    Uu nga sir eh kaya naghahanap din ako ng Vios na worth it pa, may nakikita ako na 2014-2016 Vios na medyo pasok sa budget pero sa mileage ako na babahala kasi 100k+ ODO na

4. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    I've owned korean and japanese cars.. latest gen of kia rios are reliable and have interchangeable parts with hyundai... no major problems encountered.. just the regular maintenance.. same with my japanese cars..

Again for my money.. ill buy the latest year model with the lowest mileage korean or japanese car.. the chinese.. pass
    Attach ko po yung pic ng kia rio, hindi ako sigurado kung 3rd o 4th gen yan pero sabi ng seller 2017 model 1.6L engine. Palagay ko nasa 3rd pa to. Tingin mo sir? Pass din ako sa chinese sir. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I don't think there ever was a 1.6 Rio available locally. All 1.4 if I'm not mistaken. And still came with the notoriously knocking Gamma 1.4 engine. Don't know if later model years solved the problem. But Hyundai directly replaced that engine with the newer Kappa 1.4 during mid cycle facelift to address the knocking problem, and which is also apparently more fuel efficient.

AFAIK both cars are mechanical twins, so suspension performance should be pretty much the same, and parts should be easily accessible for both, especially if you live in Metro Manila.

Rough road? I don't think any sedan would like that. 2017 Kia Rio 1.6L MT v.s 2012-2017 Hyundai Accent 1.4 MT But Hyundai/Kia's waterloo has always been in the suspension department. Kumportable pero kalampagin. Even in our Santa Fe and Carnival, I have had to replace suspension parts at the 10 year mark or even before that, when their Japanese counterparts lasted way longer. Heck, to this day our 19 year old Revo still has all of its original shocks!

Verdict? Want a reliable appliance, no more no less? Get a Vios! Preferably with the dual VVTi engine for more horses and better gas mileage. Expect to find parts for it and mechanics familiar with it anywhere in the country, for at least the next twenty years.

Actually sir, may 2 seller ako ng 2017 kia ang offer nila sakin puro 1.6L engine. Meron daw 1.6L engine na Rio which is top of the line.
    Naghahanap parin po ako dito ng Vios na within budget, meron ako nakikita pero 2014-2016 model pero ang mileage nasa 100k+ na. Good buy parin po ba yung Vios na yan Sir paglagay natin price nya is 350k pesos?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 96310244_124607685884793_3474422981034246144_n.jpg   88363657_10216264725959200_5030164662264528896_o.jpg  

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Uu nga sir eh kaya naghahanap din ako ng Vios na worth it pa, may nakikita ako na 2014-2016 Vios na medyo pasok sa budget pero sa mileage ako na babahala kasi 100k+ ODO na
    with patience and good luck, i believe you can get a decent altis with your budget.
    it may be older, but with reasonable maintenance from the owner, it can still be a reliable car.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Attach ko po yung pic ng kia rio, hindi ako sigurado kung 3rd o 4th gen yan pero sabi ng seller 2017 model 1.6L engine. Palagay ko nasa 3rd pa to. Tingin mo sir? Pass din ako sa chinese sir. Hehe.

Actually sir, may 2 seller ako ng 2017 kia ang offer nila sakin puro 1.6L engine. Meron daw 1.6L engine na Rio which is top of the line.
    Naghahanap parin po ako dito ng Vios na within budget, meron ako nakikita pero 2014-2016 model pero ang mileage nasa 100k+ na. Good buy parin po ba yung Vios na yan Sir paglagay natin price nya is 350k pesos?
    I remember the motoring media grumbling that even the expensive top of the line AT hatch has the same small 1.4 engine, when the Accent was also offered with 1.6 gas and even diesel variants.

May nakita ako sa FB Marketplace ng 2017 Vios 1.3 MT na 385k asking, apparently with 30k mileage. Wag din yung sobrang taas na mileage. Baka ang iba dun dating TNVS, at may mga driver na parang taxi ang trato sa mga to. Though since used unit, correlate mo din ang condition mismo ng sasakyan sa displayed mileage, dahil madali lang magtamper nito.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008

Sa vios na 2014 model with 100k mileage? Pass.. for the same price ill get that kia rio.. mas maganda interior nyan sa vios.. also some parts are interchangeable with kia picanto and hyundai accent..

Latest na yan with their tiger nose grill..

Sa totoo lang ang toyota mahal din ang parts lalo na original.. yes madami "replacement" pero mahihina din.. dun sa altis ko.. nilagay ko yung replacement wheel hub assembly.. 3 years lang sira na.. sabi ng autosupply pasalamat pa daw ako at umabot ng 3 years..

Pansin ko sa korean replacement na binibili ko for my picanto made in korea din.. oil filter at 80 pesos each.. mas mahal pa vic filter.. hehe.. nagpalit nga ako ng serpentine belt as part of my preventive maintenance.. bought the original kia.. 270 pesos lang.. hehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Sa totoo lang ang toyota mahal din ang parts lalo na original.. yes madami "replacement" pero mahihina din.. dun sa altis ko.. nilagay ko yung replacement wheel hub assembly.. 3 years lang sira na.. sabi ng autosupply pasalamat pa daw ako at umabot ng 3 years..
    for crucial parts like wheel hubs, i stick to oem, or at least, genuine japan.
    my 2003 altis wheel hubs are original since new. my mags and tires are also factory-stock.

yung ibang parts salesmen,
    if you don't ask about longevity, they won't say.

last,
    sometimes, it's not the piyeza.
    sometimes, it's the driver.

'hirap mag-aruga ng kotse...
    Last edited by dr. d; June 15th, 2020 at 09:03 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123