New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Zoom Zoom din Forester XT. Hehehe

Tried and tested, stable and responsive even at over 200kmh. Lots of grip at low & high speeds, acceleration is better than most CUVs (even against compact or midsize sedans) and no PPV can hold a candle against it in terms of performance. 240hp and 350Nm can you smile every time you step on that accelerator. Hahahaha

Even with 5 people on board and a trunk full of stuff, it can easily get up to speed and cruise with ease at over 150kmh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Zoom Zoom din Forester XT. Hehehe

Tried and tested, stable and responsive even at over 200kmh. Lots of grip at low & high speeds, acceleration is better than most CUVs (even against compact or midsize sedans) and no PPV can hold a candle against it in terms of performance. 240hp and 350Nm can you smile every time you step on that accelerator. Hahahaha

Even with 5 people on board and a trunk full of stuff, it can easily get up to speed and cruise with ease at over 150kmh.

Hehe... egan bai, “confident in motion” din si cx5 due to its G-Vectoring Control... hahaha...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Hehe... egan bai, “confident in motion” din si cx5 due to its G-Vectoring Control... hahaha...

Let me drive that in case I do find myself in Bohol. Is there any roads in Bohol where you can do 200 kmh? Hehehe

TS: If looking for 7-seaters, you might look at the Sorento or Santa Fe 2.2L CRDI. Not sure if you can find a used CRV diesel for 900k.

For CUVs, the CRV 2.0L gas is the safe choice (easy to maintain and wide network for aftermarket support). If you want performance and space on an AWD platform, only the Forester XT is the option. If you want something close to a sedan in driving dynamics at the expense of limited space, then the CX5 2.5L (no offense to 2.0L owners but I like more power). If you want a CUV with a 3rd row seat option, then opt for the Nissan Xtrail. If you want one with a diesel engine, then either the Sportage or Tucson.

Last edited by Egan101; October 31st, 2020 at 03:04 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    The Forester XT shares the same engine and tranny as the WRX CVT and Levorg 2.0 GT-S. Its body and frame is same with the non turbo Forester. Consumeables (air filter, cabin filter, oil filter, brake pads) are the same across all Subaru models and can be bought from Lazada or Shopee. Fluids (oil, coolant, brake fluid, CVTF) are also available online.

Unless you have a broken engine or turbo or tranny, most other wear and tear parts are easily accessible. No need to bring to casa for PMS as there are specialty auto shops that cater to Subaru vehicles at an affordable price.

My 2016 FXT is at 50k km already. The only things I replaced are the front lower arm bushings. The rest are the usual consumeables - fluids, filters, brake pads, and tires.

By the way, it’s capable also for light off-roading. I have driven it thru mud where jeepneys and light trucks couldn’t cross (Kennon road) and brought it to loose gravel paths in Baler. Road clearance is better than most CUVs and the same as PPVs, but handles like a big & tall sedan.

This gives me tons of confidence in Subaru, I appreciate your input! last time I checked, used FXT are a little cheaper than CRV. I think you can get one for less than 800k. Ayaw pa ba?

By the way, your FXT looks so damn fine. love the color

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I had a Forester XT for almost a year. Nasira aircon at makalampag ang front end. Ung sa tita ko naman na XT thrice na din nasira ang aircon in 5 years. Sabi ni Innovate Aircon sirain talaga aircon ng forester. Never bothered to have the kalamapag fixed. I heard common issue din. Sold it agad. Ang maganda sa XT ang biles ibenta.

We have the current everest too. More than 4 years na. What we have is the aircon actuator issue. What I do is shuffle through the modes every few weeks then it goes away. Pag bumalik ung kaluskos, I shuffle through the modes again. Also mejo “maalog” (not really “tagtag”) for me ang everest but not half as bad as other PPV’s out there. As for ford reliability, swerte lang siguro kami. We’ve gone through 6 or 7 fords in 15 years and didn’t reqlly give us any headache. Except for the fiesta DCT issue which warranty took care of naman.

For comfort and everything else, I’ll probaly go for the current CRV gas model among your choice.

Last edited by dcph172; October 31st, 2020 at 03:36 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Everest, do not get the 3.2 4x4 models. Why? The 2.2 has 160 hp hauling 2 tons, the 3.2 has 200 hp hauling 2.5 tons. The 25% increase in power of the 3.2 is negated by the 25% increase in weight. Unless you really need a 4x4, but there are better 4x4 than the everest. One more thing, the 2.2 is actually more spritely than the 3.2. And no turbo problems, unlike the 3.2 engine which had plenty of turbo problems when they first came out in the rangers. I know, i had a 2013 bt50 3.2 (exactly the same monster in different clothing). They did solve the problem in 2015 with a newly designed turbo.

I sold my 3.2 everest two years ago. Transmission shift shock was getting worse. Malas lang talaga siguro ako but then, it is a ford.

Mazda cx5, I've heard first hand horror stories about the citystop from real owners at the casa, crying because of the shitty citystop feature. Special battery cost 18k which they had to replace every 6 months or so. Most of them had the citystop disabled. There were also problems of 2 vehicles suddenly stopping and not wanting to start again, and the owners told me their vehicles had been in and out of the casa and the problems had something to do with the tranny. Kausap ko mismo yung mga owners so anyone here who says there are no problems then they probably read that from some motoring tabloid ad.

Thanks, bro. with the budget I have, 2.2 lang talaga ang pasok sa budget. I've seen in Youtube, reviews are quite good. 2.2L engine's power is more than enough for basic day to day needs. very modern and high-tech din si Ford. I guess it all boils down to function and practicality.

Also, I agree with you regarding CX5 iStop issue regarding battery consumption. I've read in a thread somewhere that not only does it require owners to replace battery more frequent than usual, it's also not included in Yojin3 warranty. Ang alam ko, meron din CX5 trim na walang iStop function, yun siguro ang better.
    But nevertheless, Mazda's reliability is up there next to Hondas and Toyotas, would you agree?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Let me drive that in case I do find myself in Bohol. Is there any roads in Bohol where you can do 200 kmh? Hehehe

Yup! Once this pandemic is over, you are most welcome... ill be the navigstor and you are the driver...

there’s a highway in ubay-talibon... only trees and palayans on each side...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    I had a Forester XT for almost a year. Nasira aircon at makalampag ang front end. Ung sa tita ko naman na XT thrice na din nasira ang aircon in 5 years. Sabi ni Innovate Aircon sirain talaga aircon ng forester. Never bothered to have the kalamapag fixed. I heard common issue din. Sold it agad. Ang maganda sa XT ang biles ibenta.

We have the current everest too. More than 4 years na. What we have is the aircon actuator issue. What I do is shuffle through the modes every few weeks then it goes away. Pag bumalik ung kaluskos, I shuffle through the modes again. Also mejo “maalog” (not really “tagtag”) for me ang everest but not half as bad as other PPV’s out there. As for ford reliability, swerte lang siguro kami. We’ve gone through 6 or 7 fords in 15 years and didn’t reqlly give us any headache. Except for the fiesta DCT issue which warranty took care of naman.

For comfort and everything else, I’ll probaly go for the current CRV gas model among your choice.

Yes, it is true that the front lower arm bushings give out around 30k km. This is not for the Forester only but with XV, Impreza, and Outback also. It is an easy fix. You can opt for replacement bushings which cost 4x less than from casa and have it installed outside for a lot less labor. As for the aircon, some have their evaporators conk out early within 3-4 years. For my FXT, I only had to recharge the freon after 4 years of use.

The key to maintenance of newer Subarus is the timely replacement of CVT fluid and gear oil. It has to be done every 40k km. You can opt to do drain & refill method or the more expensive dialysis method.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoAlphaDelta View Post
    This gives me tons of confidence in Subaru, I appreciate your input! last time I checked, used FXT are a little cheaper than CRV. I think you can get one for less than 800k. Ayaw pa ba?

By the way, your FXT looks so damn fine. love the color
    We really wanted the blue color as it is the flagship color of Subaru but the waiting list is long for that color. Madali ownership ng bronze color kasi kahit maalikabok, di obvious yung dumi. Hehehehe

Yung uncle ng misis ko, suwerte sobra. Someone offered him a 2015 Forester XT at 40k km for 600k. He jumped on it and he was happy with his purchase.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post

Thank you, I appreciate for your 2 cents. May I know what year model is your previous FXT?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast