New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Prefer the look of the Civic FB ... is it really that bad compared to the Civic FD? ...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Prefer the look of the Civic FB ... is it really that bad compared to the Civic FD? ...
    If you mean handling, yes, it's that bad compared to the FD. The FB has the same quick steering ratio as the FD, but without the feedback. Also, the suspension is too soft so even if the chassis is grippy, taking corners isn't as inspiring. My 11th gen Altis feels better to drive than the FB, although the FB is still much better than the 10th gen.

Now in terms of comfort, the FB is noticeably better than the FD. Biggest improvement are the seats - the FD had rock hard seats while the FB's are comfortable even on long drives. The softer suspension also means better cushioning for road imperfections.

Bottomline, the FB is a better Altis than the 10th gen Altis. People looking for a successor of the FD were sorely disappointed, but if you take a step back, it's still not a bad car when you consider its target market.

Thankfully, Honda got back on their feet and made an awesome all rounder with the FC.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Mga sir, Baka pwedeng isingit yung question ko sa thread. Newbie sa tsikot at hindi pa ata ako allowed magstart ng thread o hindi lang ako marunong.
    I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand Altis G AT. Preferred ko yung 11th gen priced around 600K+. While searching olx, nakikita ko yung 10th gen which I know has the same engine as the 11th gen but with older transmission, priced only at 400k+. My question is, Is it worth the additional 200k to go for the 11th gen?
    I'm looking to keep the car for at least 10 years. Right now, I'm keeping my options between the Altis only because of Toyota's reliability, fuel economy and cheaper parts to maintain in the long run.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Priority is ride comfort ... so the Honda Civic FB is good enough ... Thank you ...

Why are the model / code names of the Honda Civic in a weird sequence ... FD then FB then FC? ... Subaru Forester is SF SG SH then SJ ... Mazda MX-5 is NA NB NC ND ...
    Last edited by Walter; September 29th, 2017 at 05:44 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Priority is ride comfort ... so the Honda Civic FB is good enough ... Thank you ...

Why are the model / code names of the Honda Civic in a weird sequence ... FD then FB then FC? ... Subaru Forester is SF SG SH then SJ ... Mazda MX-5 is NA NB NC ND ...
    The 8th Generation Civics had 4 model codes..
    FA = US Sedan
    FG = US Coupe
    FD = Asian Model
    FN = European Model

Why the 8G US and Asian 4 door sedan models don't share the same chassis code is beyond me (bumper lang ata pinagkaiba)

Then for the 9th Generation Civic, naging progression ng FA... --> FB (which was used for both the USA and Asia)

10G Civic --> FC

Bali sa 8th gen lang nakalabuan hehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12