New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Being offered a 2012 explorer for 1.5 m, ia this a good buy? Inputs please. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rag3ph View Post
    Being offered a 2012 explorer for 1.5 m, ia this a good buy? Inputs please. Thank you.
    Looks good. A better buy would be a 2013 CX9 I saw recently in Sulit for the same price. Japan CBU, much more reliable and same class.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why?

- parang sulit ang presyo.
    - very comfortable ride.

why not?

- gas guzzler
    - high maintenance costs.
    - resale value.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    if you can afford the gas and maintenance cost then why not. truly the best in it's class, features, power, handling and comfort is top notch that no other car in it's price range can compete with.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Surprised that about the low resale value.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rag3ph View Post
    Surprised that about the low resale value.
    Midsize sedans and midsize gas-powered SUVs usually have low resale value. They offer a good bargain though for used buyers.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    if you can afford the gas and maintenance cost then why not. truly the best in it's class, features, power, handling and comfort is top notch that no other car in it's price range can compete with.
    As per my latest test drive (just earlier since I want to get a feeling of it before the next MYC Explorer comes), I still didn't like the handling. Ironic as it is, I felt like driving a shrunken down Expedition. The 2.0 EcoBoost's engine noise is also an issue for me. The comfort is excellent though - typical of American SUVs.