New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    i'm planning to buy my first 2nd car by next month. since i'm a car newbie, i'd like to ask inputs here from experts. my budget must not exceed 200k. for several months now, i'm interested to buy ford lynx ghia or gsi 2000-2002 model. is this worth it for my money? i mean, ford lynx has stopped its production since 2005 to give way to ford focus. i believe this is a re-badge of mazda 323 - 9th generation. hindi po ba mahirap maghanap ng parts for this?and is this a gas guzzler? btw, i'm planning to buy a car for everyday use. home to office. vito cruz - ortigas area. any car recommendations that suits my budget is highly appreciated. my other options are : toyota corolla (don't know what variant) and honda city lxi model.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    For a Budget of 200K and below, I would go for a big body Toyota Corolla GLI mga 95 to 97 model. I would try to get one say around 150 K to 170 K and use the remainder of the cash for maintenance(change oil, timing belt etc..) to ensure that the unit works perfectly.

This would ensure trouble free ownership, besides this model has lots of parts available in the market (new and surplus) its easy to maintain, very economical gas mileage , a nice engine with just the right power.

Just my two cents on this

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i have no experience with ford pero yung sa budget na 200k or below, corolla 2000 GLi would fit. mganda performance, engine dont have much issues, and dahil toyota, kakaiba sa dami ng pyesa. hehe bentahan nito 160k-180k

honda city, another great option. i really like the looks of this model. again easy on maintenance, cheap fuel cost. meron nito around 130k-150k. if budget permits, city type z para mas modelo itsura.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    thanks for the replies. yeah, i like the honda city type Z model. mejo sleek yun design. hmmm. gotta check about this corolla gli model, looks interesting.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    OR... you can check out a Nissan Sentra Exalta STA... but iMHO, if you only have 200k budget get a car worth around 140~150k, then use the remaining budget for maintenance and accessories. :D

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    200k? What about a Nissan Cefiro? The facelifted version's got timeless looks and lots of features as well as a potent engine.

ako i vote for either rolla big body either get the 95 limited or kung sswertihin ka: 97 TRD1 version and your remaining cash is for restoration and pang set up-- 4age20v bt w/ 6-speed tranny, bz-touring/levin/sprinter look and a AV-set up...
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; November 15th, 2010 at 08:21 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    200k? What about a Nissan Cefiro? The facelifted version's got timeless looks and lots of features as well as a potent engine.
    If the TS is after the Fuel Economy, talo yang Cefiro

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Lots of bang for the buck!

Toyota Starlet GT^. Fits your budget.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    honda civic yung lxi pasok pa sa budget mo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
200k Bang for the Buck Car