New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,087
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    Good day!

    I am currently in a dilemma, in choosing whether to sell my 2009 Altis 1.6V, for a bigger car, a 2002-2004 Pajero Fieldmaster. (4x2 would suffice, as I don't need the 4x4 and newer Fieldmasters are only available in 4x2).

    I have been using the Altis since 2014, all I can say is it's very reliable and has never given me any headaches. Kaya lang I have 2 kids, (5 year old and 2 year old), and it's quite a struggle for us to fit into the Altis, especially with the yaya and at times the lola in tow. I had its dashboard replaced also by Toyota, (as it has the infamous melting dashboard issue). No complaints whatsoever, I just need a bigger car (not just any big car, at least one that would excite me kahit paano), and that brought me to the Pajero.

    Regarding the Pajero naman, I've always wanted to have one, especially in euro-spec trim with the RalliArt web rims. Also, it's the nearest in price to my current car, if ever i would sell it, and konti na lang ang idadagdag ko if ever.

    Issues that I am aware of, is the aircon, and the 4M40 engine that needs expensive calibration as part of its maintenance.

    What are your thoughts on this? To sell a reliable 10 year old sedan for an even older 15 year old SUV?

    Thank you in advance!
    bring your prospective passengers along when you inspect your prospect, and see if they indeed fit comfortably well enough.
    after all, they are the raison de etre...
    what is your budget? what about the other possibilities? innova, advie, the vans..

    and always remember! kids do not remain kids long. they usually grow fast... and many times out-size the dad.

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,120
    #12
    Pass ka na sa FM unless its in pristine condition.. or much better to get the BK.

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    90
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    I am the 2nd owner sir, but it's been with me since 2014, and I was the one who put in majority of the kilometers on it 2009 Altis V or 2002-2004 Pajero Fieldmaster 4x2 The car was meticulously maintained since day 1 by the previous owner, and tinuloy ko na din whem I acquired it. Medyo nakakapanghinayang din as it is in very good condition.

    Local Pajero FM ang plano ko sana.

    Thanks for your insight sir!

    Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
    Looks like you have made the decision on getting a Pajero FM and is just getting approval from tsikoteers if its a good buy. Pajero specially the FM has been the Mitsus flagship SUV for decades before the Montero Sports took the center stage. As you can see, even with its age, the FM is very imposing on road and has that timeless look, di nakakasawa tingnan. I myself dreamed of having one every time I see it on the road in early 2000 naglalaway ako. I'm pretty sure since dati ka nang may sasakyan and seems meticulous ka naman ata in terms of maintenance, you can easily bring the FM Pajero up to spec.

    Get the Pajero FM na, dika magsisi jan.

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    285
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    bring your prospective passengers along when you inspect your prospect, and see if they indeed fit comfortably well enough.
    after all, they are the raison de etre...
    what is your budget? what about the other possibilities? innova, advie, the vans..

    and always remember! kids do not remain kids long. they usually grow fast... and many times out-size the dad.
    Thanks Doc! Only issue with the Fieldmaster is the side facing third row seats, but it can be converted to front facing ones.

    Budget is between P350-P400k, an Innova E/G Diesel also is a good and more practical candidate, although the budget only allows for a gas powered one.

    Sorry doc medyo hindi ko type yung adventure

    Yapoy,

    Budget constraints sir, di kaya ng Pajero BK

    carscout,

    I absolutely agree with you on the Pajero FM's timeless look. If ever matutuloy ako, I already have plans on how to set it up blacked out trims, euro taillights and RalliArt web rims. That's all

    Actually hindi pa fully decided sir, I am really satisfied also with the 10th gen Altis' performance, comfort and reliability, medyo nagsawa lang and at the same time medyo kailangan ng malaking auto haha!

    Thanks for your insights sirs!

  5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    Thanks Doc! Only issue with the Fieldmaster is the side facing third row seats, but it can be converted to front facing ones.

    Budget is between P350-P400k, an Innova E/G Diesel also is a good and more practical candidate, although the budget only allows for a gas powered one.

    Sorry doc medyo hindi ko type yung adventure

    Yapoy,

    Budget constraints sir, di kaya ng Pajero BK

    carscout,

    I absolutely agree with you on the Pajero FM's timeless look. If ever matutuloy ako, I already have plans on how to set it up blacked out trims, euro taillights and RalliArt web rims. That's all

    Actually hindi pa fully decided sir, I am really satisfied also with the 10th gen Altis' performance, comfort and reliability, medyo nagsawa lang and at the same time medyo kailangan ng malaking auto haha!

    Thanks for your insights sirs!
    The side facing seats are actually more practical since they seat more people, albeit less comfortably.

    Have you ever considered the Gen 1.2 Everest TDCi? I have just noticed that some 2007 units already sell for less than 400k.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    285
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The side facing seats are actually more practical since they seat more people, albeit less comfortably.

    Have you ever considered the Gen 1.2 Everest TDCi? I have just noticed that some 2007 units already sell for less than 400k.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Yes it seats 4 for both sides compared to only 2 for the front facing seats, but comfort goes out the window

    I saw a number of 2007 Everests within my budget sir. Worth taking a look also. Thank you!

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    8
    #17
    is there an option to but a cheaper van which is around 7-9yrs. old. For me medyo matagal na ung pajero.

  8. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    8
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    Good day!

    I am currently in a dilemma, in choosing whether to sell my 2009 Altis 1.6V, for a bigger car, a 2002-2004 Pajero Fieldmaster. (4x2 would suffice, as I don't need the 4x4 and newer Fieldmasters are only available in 4x2).

    I have been using the Altis since 2014, all I can say is it's very reliable and has never given me any headaches. Kaya lang I have 2 kids, (5 year old and 2 year old), and it's quite a struggle for us to fit into the Altis, especially with the yaya and at times the lola in tow. I had its dashboard replaced also by Toyota, (as it has the infamous melting dashboard issue). No complaints whatsoever, I just need a bigger car (not just any big car, at least one that would excite me kahit paano), and that brought me to the Pajero.

    Regarding the Pajero naman, I've always wanted to have one, especially in euro-spec trim with the RalliArt web rims. Also, it's the nearest in price to my current car, if ever i would sell it, and konti na lang ang idadagdag ko if ever.

    Issues that I am aware of, is the aircon, and the 4M40 engine that needs expensive calibration as part of its maintenance.

    What are your thoughts on this? To sell a reliable 10 year old sedan for an even older 15 year old SUV?

    Thank you in advance!
    Same problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

2009 Altis V or 2002-2004 Pajero Fieldmaster 4x2