New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi fellow tsikoteers. Need ur advice on this.
    I'm in the market of a 2nd hand car. I'm seriously considering this 1.6V Altis because of the following :
    1. Reliability
    2. Upscale feel because of the V badge
    3. Fuel economy (can anyone confirm)

This car will be used mostly in the city (Cagayan de Oro City). I will be the one driving it. Usual pax will be the wife and 2 kids.

It's being offered to me at 475K. Odo is at 82K kms.

What are my other choices in this price level? Being a family man, I would opt for a 7 seater, pasok sana ang Innova kaso masyado ng mahal, so I decided to go for a sedan. By the way, AT is a must for me.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it is a good buy.
    although, i think you can look for other options like the carens.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i suggest hanap ka pa ibang 2009 1.6V model, mataas masyado mileage ng unit na minention mo...82K+ for 4 years, meaning more or less 20k+ tinatakbo nung sasakyan sa isang taon.. on average dapat around 10-12k kms lang..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Actually the high mileage, I clarified with the owner why so high. Technically daw, it's a 2008 (November) model. Sorry, I should have put 2008 1.6 V Altis in the subject line.
    So there, being a 5 year old car, with 82K mileage, that's roughly 16K kms run every year. Pretty high still huh? In this case, what things should I be on the lookout for?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguarpw View Post
    Actually the high mileage, I clarified with the owner why so high. Technically daw, it's a 2008 (November) model. Sorry, I should have put 2008 1.6 V Altis in the subject line.
    So there, being a 5 year old car, with 82K mileage, that's roughly 16K kms run every year. Pretty high still huh? In this case, what things should I be on the lookout for?

in this case, you already saw it. it's the mileage.
    in my opinion, it's still too much for a 2008 privately used car.. perhaps it was a service vehicle.. med rep? sales rep? company car? did the owner mention the history of the car?
    for 475K, if you exercise some diligence, you might score a used innova J diesel.. a manual diesel innova J..
    but if you are willing to gamble... tawaran mo pa..

i can guess why the mileage is high.. prubinsiya ito.. malayo ang isa't isang addresses dito... and probably higher speeds during trips..
    higher speeds and long drives are easier on the engine, but killer on the suspension. check the suspension and the tires..
    Last edited by dr. d; December 5th, 2013 at 02:08 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    The owner is a former Toyota agent. You can say it's a service vehicle and it's been driven to Pagadian, Surigao, Iligan several times for personal and business purposes, so I guess that's how it racked the high mileage. On the positive side, I see this as proof of reliability.
    The suspension parts I believe is one thing to check. That's why I'm going to bring my mechanic friend for the test drive hopefully this weekend. Dapat kilatisin ng maigi.
    The owner told me that the trunk, roof, and hood are covered in black carbon sticker. So it's a silver car, with black top, I don't know what to make of it unless I see the car in person. But I can always remove the sticker if I wish. Do you think the owner is hiding some nasty scratches that's why he covered a great deal of surface area?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Is there an AT for Innova J? Like I said, AT is a must for me.
    To address the issue on the need of a family hauler, I am not letting go of our Space Gear van just yet.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguarpw View Post
    Is there an AT for Innova J? Like I said, AT is a must for me.
    To address the issue on the need of a family hauler, I am not letting go of our Space Gear van just yet.

i think there is an AT for Innova J. An officemate owns one. A diesel at that.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Altis might be small for your requirement since you have two kids, don't you think so? If not, then my personal preference will be altis over innova j.. I think you can still feel the integrity of the metal beneath the sticker if its has dents or anything..

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app
    Beep Beep! School Bus! Beep Beep! School Bus!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I find the Innova J too bare for me, even if it's AT. The simple features of the Altis V like side mirror turn lamps, front and back sensors, wood paneling are enough to give me joy as a car owner.

Its size is sufficient for my 4-member family. Problema nalng kung may makikisakay na ibang tao, in which case mahihirapan talaga c Altis.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Is 2009 Altis 1.6V a good buy?