New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Civic, but check interior quality. Trim near the power windows doesn't hold up well.

Nababakbak and nagiging sticky

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    i just bought a used 2006 civic fd last year. i knew i was in for higher repair costs due to age but was intent on getting a car that fit my criterias: manual 2.0, low to the ground, can carry a family, looks good.

repairs so far are front stabilizer links, tie rod ends, shock absorbers, valve cover gaskets and oil seal orings, vtec orings, e-power steering, spark plugs. hassle, but its a 2nd car so i had smething else to use

mods so far are eibach springs, real bbs wheels and good tires, leather interior,

i spent 385k on the car, around 240k on mods and repairs. thats 625k on a 11 year old car. i dont regret it over buying a new car though, i was intent on building up the car that i wanted.

u could buy a used car and use the hypothetical savings on monthly payments for the new car to finance the repair and mods you want or you can buy a boring brand new car with no head aches

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ anong color bro? Medyo mahirap maghanap ng 2.0 fd na m/t

How's the consumption bro?

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ anong color bro? Medyo mahirap maghanap ng 2.0 fd na m/t

How's the consumption bro?

habanero red. yup medyo mahirap talaga, 1 year ako nag hintay . lol 6.0-6.5 km/liter in the city. i think mas ok ang city if consumption is an issue and you dont plan on mods

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by octo84 View Post
    habanero red. yup medyo mahirap talaga, 1 year ako nag hintay . lol 6.0-6.5 km/liter in the city. i think mas ok ang city if consumption is an issue and you dont plan on mods

then again a 1.5 city moded with a good intake, exhaust and a piggyback ecu like unichip could be fun, reminiscent of 90s honda fun. quick, light and small.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Curious lang ako sa consumption because we have a 2.0 s-l a/t. Hindi naman din pala nagkakalayo ang konsumo natin

I thought you have the racing blue fd. Iyon talaga ang rare na kasi ngayon kaya i got intrigued.

Anyway, congrats sa purchase mo bro

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by octo84 View Post
    i just bought a used 2006 civic fd repairs so far are e-power steering

Electronic Power Steering? ...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Electronic Power Steering? ...
    yes.. the 2.0 came with eps, 1.8 was hydraulic. it wasnt self centering properly after a turn and had some knocking sounds. took it to a shop and was told had to replace the whole steering rack and **** and could cost more zeros than i had hoped, casa fixed it for less than 1k by fixing the eps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12