New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I don't know a lot about cars. I just drive mine that's it. I am thinking of replacing my old car next week and i went to this auto shop which sells pre owned cars.

Now I'm confused between an Innova 2007 and CRV 2005.

Innova felt comfortable naman and I like the dashboard and its color. Also marami makakasakay.

CRV well is really impressive kaso plain lang yung dashboard though mas bago nga yung innova '07. Which has better air conditioning? yung innova kasi dual aircon.

I want yung maganda pang out of town and pang city driving too.

Please help me decide and enjoy my money's worth...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

did you check the car mlieage for both? just for an added reference and magkano benta ng Innova and CR-V?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... It's a battle between a relatively newer MPV vs a relatively older SUV. I suggest you ask for a test drive to find out which drives better, at least for your driving style. The Gen 2 CRV (same body as the one you're considering) came with harder suspension, when it was first introduced, to accommodate the supposed 10 seater capacity. I'm not sure how much better it became after the mid model update. Also, consider how many people/how much cargo you plan on putting in it. Do you really need a 7-seater? Fuel consumption should be similar if the Innova is a gas unit. These 2 are notorious for their FC.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Oh i cant remember the exact mlieage but I remember theyre both 50-60. Innova is almost 6 but ill get a discount daw if i get it cash. crv is almost 7 but same its negotiable pag cash....

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hmmm... It's a battle between a relatively newer MPV vs a relatively older SUV. I suggest you ask for a test drive to find out which drives better, at least for your driving style. The Gen 2 CRV (same body as the one you're considering) came with harder suspension, when it was first introduced, to accommodate the supposed 10 seater capacity. I'm not sure how much better it became after the mid model update. Also, consider how many people/how much cargo you plan on putting in it. Do you really need a 7-seater? Fuel consumption should be similar if the Innova is a gas unit. These 2 are notorious for their FC.
    I just wanted to have a bigger car. Ive never had a big car kasi. i always bring lots of clothes with me since im in the performing arts world.I wanted a diesel too kaso my friend told me na im just getting a second hand so mausok daw. Wala kasi ako alam sa specificity ng cars. these 2 cars lang yung inoffer sa akin na nagustuhan ko. nagustuhan ko lang yung itsura ng crv but mas mukang bago yung innova sa loob

If I were to be asked and the Innova is a D4D, then I'd get the Innova for a ton of reasons like fuel economy, torque, carrying capacity, airconditioning, etc...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by WallmanCT View Post
    Innova is almost 6 but ill get a discount daw if i get it cash. crv is almost 7 but same its negotiable pag cash....
    quoted prices are too high for these 5- to 7-year old models. you can get something newer or something brand new.

this one, for example:
    http://www.ayosdito.ph/2011+Toyota+I...MT-3550096.htm

caveat emptor. some used car lots tamper mileage.
    Last edited by onewaytrip; June 22nd, 2012 at 10:28 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Our Innova tops out at 185kph near redline during startoll.

i swear i topped out 185kph. i just couldn't let a one hand job on the steering at that speed hehehe

And a combined city 50% city, 50% highway driving FC of 9.3km/l (hataw mode) during my 400 kms Lucena trip.

Ours is a manual 2.0L gas. I can vouch the Innova could get 8-9km/l with AC in pure city driving all stock, no lower than that.