New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're getting an AT Crosswind, you're not going to get anywhere near the 10 km/l some of us can get in traffic. More like 7-8 km/l. Went to Baguio, my composite for the whole trip was 8.5 km/l.

So it's not that much better than a GRX AT. It's better, because it's lighter, but not much better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Starex and Crosswind are better driven on MT.

But I will take the Starex if riding comfort is more valued.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you're getting an AT Crosswind, you're not going to get anywhere near the 10 km/l some of us can get in traffic. More like 7-8 km/l. Went to Baguio, my composite for the whole trip was 8.5 km/l.

So it's not that much better than a GRX AT. It's better, because it's lighter, but not much better.
    That was approx our GRX AT performance then, just a tad higher, during our trips to Baguio....

19.5K:thatsit:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Considering na parehong old school diesel yan, hindi naman nagkakalayo ang maintenance cost. Yung Starex engine ay rebadged 4D56 din naman.

May kalakasan sa krudo ang Starex bro, lalo na ang matic. Hatak ng TCI so-so lang, lalo na kapag matic. But then the superior ride comfort kind of makes up for it. Advantage din niya over the Crosswind ang safety features like ABS and airbags.
    Bro.- AFAIR,- driver's side airbag but no ABS ang GRX TCi AT....

And I beg to disagree,- because when going up Marcos Hiway during our 2x a year trip to Baguio,- I normally would overtake all of the vehicles that come our way....

19.5K:thatsit:

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wala bang ABS yan? I remember even the old SVX have ABS and LSD already.

I remember the 2000 turbo intercooler Starex Club A/T of a family friend who went with us to Baguio once. It was loaded to capacity inside, with most of their baggage tied on the roof. Nahirapan siya umakyat ng Marcos, at some point slowing at a dangerous rate that we thought it was going to slide! And then it consumed a very large portion of its fuel upon reaching destination that it had to immediately refuel. I suppose payload, aerodynamics and engine upkeep have a lot to do with it.

Have you tried Kennon with it? Kumusta naman? My experience with the Kennon route using an old school diesel was with our Revo M/T. 6 passengers with luggage and aircon on. I managed to overtake all slow moving vehicles including trucks and PUVs, and kept a pace of around 60-70km/h on the straights and 30-40km/h on the corners. RPM was above 3000 most of the time though, and I used up 1/4 tank for that stretch (also 1/4 tank from Manila to La Union).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2006 hyundai  grx non crdi A/T  VS. isuzu crosswind 2003 a/t