New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    9 - 11 for city driving. Can go as low as 8 pag hard driving along Sumulong hi-way. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mondymondy View Post
    I was really considering the Civic ES, but I noticed that I can only get a 2003 - 2004 ES compared to a 2006 - 2007 Cedia. So I thought that it would be more practical to buy a newer ride with the same budget right?
    2004-2005 ES papasok sa budget mo. Wala na kasing ES nung 2006 since FD na pumasok.

In general, a newer car would mean a better car. But sometimes a year or two of age difference can be negligible. What is important is the condition of the car. A certain car may have very low mileage but it was actually left to rot in the corner of the garage, another was driven everyday with somewhat high mileage but was properly driven and very well taken cared of. Despite the high mileage, the daily driver will give you lesser headaches in the long run.

Besides, the Honda is of a much different caliber than the Cedia Lancer. Given that the age is not that far apart, unless that Cedia happens to be a Lancer Evolution, I wouldn't give it a second look.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    2004-2005 ES papasok sa budget mo. Wala na kasing ES nung 2006 since FD na pumasok.

In general, a newer car would mean a better car. But sometimes a year or two of age difference can be negligible. What is important is the condition of the car. A certain car may have very low mileage but it was actually left to rot in the corner of the garage, another was driven everyday with somewhat high mileage but was properly driven and very well taken cared of. Despite the high mileage, the daily driver will give you lesser headaches in the long run.

Besides, the Honda is of a much different caliber than the Cedia Lancer. Given that the age is not that far apart, unless that Cedia happens to be a Lancer Evolution, I wouldn't give it a second look.
    Thanks for your opinion sir GTi, I'll cross the Cedia out of my list then..

I'll be hunting for an 05 Civic ES, or an 07/08 Vios 1.3E..

I know Vios would be a more practical choice here, but is the fuel efficiency of an ES far worse than the Vios?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung ES Civic 1.6M/T, it should give you good gas mileage, especially if you drive with a light foot. And then there is still punch if you want it. If you frequent highways and mountains, it will also be the more feasible choice. Interior is very roomy too. In fact I find the facelifted ES to mimic the same generation Accord quite well. If you get the VTi-S variant, there are all the safety goodies like 4 wheel discs with ABS/EBD and dual airbags.

I don't particularly like the Vios. Its a durable and practical car. But interior is rather cramped, with limited headroom and rear seat space and legroom. Interior plastics quality is horrible.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Kung ES Civic 1.6M/T, it should give you good gas mileage, especially if you drive with a light foot. And then there is still punch if you want it. If you frequent highways and mountains, it will also be the more feasible choice. Interior is very roomy too. In fact I find the facelifted ES to mimic the same generation Accord quite well. If you get the VTi-S variant, there are all the safety goodies like 4 wheel discs with ABS/EBD and dual airbags.

I don't particularly like the Vios. Its a durable and practical car. But interior is rather cramped, with limited headroom and rear seat space and legroom. Interior plastics quality is horrible.
    Sir Thank you for the advice.. I'll research more about the ES and the Vios and weigh the pros and cons afterwards. Hat's off to you sir..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2005 - 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer: Is it a good buy for 300k - 350k budget?