New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ OT: Mahal kasi ang SiR nuon. Tsaka keeper ang SiR. Hindi siya naoout-date unlike ng mga cars na kasame age niya.

BTT: Altis na, bigger pa. City kasi, maliit pero okay lang naman style. Mas matipid ang city 1.3 lang. ( correct me if i`m wrong ) and ang altis is 1.6L

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i would choose the Altis.
    why?
    - very roomy/big size
    - fuel efficient for the 1.6
    - reliable
    - cheap maintenance
    - spare parts can be found at almost any auto parts store

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by i.am.aids View Post
    Hi,

I'm planning to buy a second hand car for 400k (from a car dealer). The following are my choices:

1. 2004 altis MT
    2. 2004 city AT

Which do you think is the better option?

Salamat po ng marami,
    aids
    Kinda like an Apples vs Oranges kind of comparison.

BTW, you might want to reconsider the City A/T (CVT) because it is known to have a problem with the CVT itself. Tends to have premature wear & tear unless driven with a feather touch.

If you would like to risk it.... the City 1.3L iDSi A/T is a good car. Downside is the stiff padding of the rear seats which makes it uncomfortable to seat on it for long drives. Good fuel mileage and massive trunk for a small car.

The Corolla 1.6L M/T is an "okay" car. Gives good fuel mileage for a 1.6L car. Downside is the ZZ engine which somehow tends to "sludge" up inside, especially if you miss a regular oil change or used the wrong motor oil. Seating inside is "average" (City has more generous leg room for the back seats). Ride quality is better than the City.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 8th, 2009 at 04:22 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    i would choose the Altis.
    why?
    - very roomy/big size
    - fuel efficient for the 1.6
    - reliable
    - cheap maintenance
    - spare parts can be found at almost any auto parts store

Thanks Leoxe!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Kinda like an Apples vs Oranges kind of comparison.
    Exactly, that's why it's confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    BTW, you might want to reconsider the City A/T (CVT) because it is known to have a problem with the CVT itself. Tends to have premature wear & tear unless driven with a feather touch.

If you would like to risk it.... the City 1.3L iDSi A/T is a good car. Downside is the stiff padding of the rear seats which makes it uncomfortable to seat on it for long drives. Good fuel mileage and massive trunk for a small car.

The Corolla 1.6L M/T is an "okay" car. Gives good fuel mileage for a 1.6L car. Downside is the ZZ engine which somehow tends to "sludge" up inside, especially if you miss a regular oil change or used the wrong motor oil. Seating inside is "average" (City has more generous leg room for the back seats). Ride quality is better than the City.
    Oh, that's interesting! I was under the impression that Altis has more legroom... Thanks for your comments!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    go for the Altis.

Why?

Had some experience with point-to-point races (stoplight to stoplight) (this is illegal take note, maluwag lang ang kalsada in ortigas greenhills those times) against an Altis and a City. My ride is an 02 Adventure Gas.

vs City. Slight advantage ako but I clearly won, nasa rear wheel ko yung nguso nya.

vs Altis. At first lumalamang ako, then at the middle, ako mabagal na ang acceleration pagdating ng 80km/h samantalang siya constant pa rin. Ayun hehehe, matulin ang Altis wow so nauna siya sa stoplight.

Altis got some raw power beneath its hood.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The 2004 altis I'm talking about on this thread has already been acquired. Sayang!!

BTW, I am interested with a 2007 Altis:
    - Bank repossessed

Any thoughts?

1. What should I check first? I will bring a mechanic.
    2. Is 495k reasonable for 07 Altis?

Regards,
    Adrian

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by i.am.aids View Post
    The 2004 altis I'm talking about on this thread has already been acquired. Sayang!!

BTW, I am interested with a 2007 Altis:
    - Bank repossessed

Any thoughts?

1. What should I check first? I will bring a mechanic.
    2. Is 495k reasonable for 07 Altis?

Regards,
    Adrian

07 altis for 500k? 9th gen or 10th gen? if its 9th gen, its maybe a little bit pricey, or if its a 10th gen, then it might be cheaper. anyways, its a 3 year old car. just be sure na hindi pa laspag ang altis na yun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2004 Altis vs. 2004 city