New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    What do you mean by "barebones?" And can you please elaborate on the performance issue? Would you mind giving me other options sir? For now, these are the only two cars offered by someone we know. Sorry if I have trust issues when dealing with these kind of transactions hehehe! I don't really care much about the looks,so it isn't my priority. I just want my first ride to be presentable, fuel efficient, and reliable.

Based on what I have read in the forums, the Lynx sounds reliable to me, and the LSi variant is quite famous for its fuel effiency/

Your opinion really counts and I appreciate your inputs. Thanks!
    Barebones since it doesn't have any power amenities besides the steering, only a 2 speaker sound system, steel rims with hub caps, and a non-adjustable steering column according to motioncars.com's spec sheet. It would be fuel efficient in city driving and with a light load. But would suffer in highway driving, especially with a heavy load. Like all Fords (Ranger and Everest not included ) the ride is nice though.

I'd suggest a Lancer 1.6GLXi or a Corolla 1.6GLi. I can attest to the performance and fuel efficiency of these two since I have relatives who have owned them before.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Barebones since it doesn't have any power amenities besides the steering, only a 2 speaker sound system, steel rims with hub caps, and a non-adjustable steering column according to motioncars.com's spec sheet. It would be fuel efficient in city driving and with a light load. But would suffer in highway driving, especially with a heavy load. Like all Fords (Ranger and Everest not included ) the ride is nice though.

I'd suggest a Lancer 1.6GLXi or a Corolla 1.6GLi. I can attest to the performance and fuel efficiency of these two since I have relatives who have owned them before.
    Well, I guess I can live without those power amenities. What I am concerned about is the availablity and price of the parts once one of them breaks down.

Why would fuel efficiency suffer in highway driving? Me and my girlfriend would be the passengers for the car so I don't think the load will be that heavy.

If someone we know is selling his/her Corolla/Lancer/Sentra, I would love to take a look at them, but since there is none, I guess I have to settle with the choices that I have right now..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, I guess I can live without those power amenities. What I am concerned about is the availablity and price of the parts once one of them breaks down.

Why would fuel efficiency suffer in highway driving? Me and my girlfriend would be the passengers for the car so I don't think the load will be that heavy.

If someone we know is selling his/her Corolla/Lancer/Sentra, I would love to take a look at them, but since there is none, I guess I have to settle with the choices that I have right now..
    Fuel efficiency will suffer if the engine is more pressured due to higher speed and will consume more fuel. I'm not so sure as to the price of Lynx parts, but it should be a tad more expensive than those of its Japanese rivals.

You'd find lots of cars at Sulit! I believe there's nothing to fear about buying cars from folks you don't know. Just bring along a skilled mechanic to check the car's condition. We bought our ten wheeler Isuzu Giga from Sulit, its one of the best I've ever seen and for just 900k! I believe you should get over your fear of buying cars elsewhere.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Fuel efficiency will suffer if the engine is more pressured due to higher speed and will consume more fuel. I'm not so sure as to the price of Lynx parts, but it should be a tad more expensive than those of its Japanese rivals.

You'd find lots of cars at Sulit! I believe there's nothing to fear about buying cars from folks you don't know. Just bring along a skilled mechanic to check the car's condition. We bought our ten wheeler Isuzu Giga from Sulit, its one of the best I've ever seen and for just 900k! I believe you should get over your fear of buying cars elsewhere.

Ahh.. I see.. Thanks for your insights! At first I was really looking for a lot of Sentras in Sulit and AyosDito but then my father opposed to me buying second hand cars from unknown owners. Btw I saw a 2001 Nissan Sentra Series 4 M/T in Sulit, 98T mileage for 180k (last price). I was thinking that if the 2003 Lynx is comparable to the 2001 Sentra in terms of reliablity and fuel efficiency, then I'll choose the Ford Lynx since the owner is from someone we know.. (and i don't have to argue with my father for buying from an unknown owner..)

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ahh.. I see.. Thanks for your insights! At first I was really looking for a lot of Sentras in Sulit and AyosDito but then my father opposed to me buying second hand cars from unknown owners. Btw I saw a 2001 Nissan Sentra Series 4 M/T in Sulit, 98T mileage for 180k (last price). I was thinking that if the 2003 Lynx is comparable to the 2001 Sentra in terms of reliablity and fuel efficiency, then I'll choose the Ford Lynx since the owner is from someone we know.. (and i don't have to argue with my father for buying from an unknown owner..)
    I'm immediately opposed to the Lynx because of its 119000 kms mileage. And yes, assuming that the Sentra is in good condition then the price would be quite a bargain especially when compared to the Lynx right? Since it has lesser mileage, more features and a better engine. The B14 Sentra is a really nice car, just ask Sir GH.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I'm immediately opposed to the Lynx because of its 119000 kms mileage. And yes, assuming that the Sentra is in good condition then the price would be quite a bargain especially when compared to the Lynx right? Since it has lesser mileage, more features and a better engine. The B14 Sentra is a really nice car, just ask Sir GH.
    Just saw both cars earlier today.. I'm with my dad and his trusted mechanic. After they test drove both cars, they found the Civic ESi to be in better condition (engine, interiors, bodypaint, exteriors, suspension etc.)

I must say that the interior of the Civic really looks like it only ran for about 55T km. The mechanic said he was amazed by how good the condition it is in considering it is a 16-year old car. The engine sounds fresh too.. I think I'm opting for this one.. What do you guys think? I haggled the price down to 165k.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, if it really is an immaculately maintained unit with 55000kms on the clock, and if you are satisfied with its performance, then go for it. It is your choice after all.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, if it really is an immaculately maintained unit with 55000kms on the clock, and if you are satisfied with its performance, then go for it. It is your choice after all.
    +1

If it's in great condition, go for it. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2003 Ford Lynx vs. 95 Civic ESi Help!!