New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Pinakamaganda dyan TS eh check the vehicle physically, test drive it and check san casa last pina-service para may history kahit papaano.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks guys!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Guys quick question lang.. should I also consider Mitsubishi Pizza as an option?
    Saw a friend's Mitsubishi Pizza and a bit impressed by its look.

TIA

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eliah View Post
    Guys quick question lang.. should I also consider Mitsubishi Pizza as an option?
    Saw a friend's Mitsubishi Pizza and a bit impressed by its look.

TIA
    If possible, don't. You never know if or when those notorious suspension gremlins known to occur in pizza Lancers would catch up with you. I admit, the last pizza Lancer facelift really does look nice. The higher trims have all of those modern equipment too. Dual airbags, 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS, INVECS II tranny with manual shift override, etc... In fact an uncle of mine owns a 2002 pizza Lancer. Yung base 1.5L carb variant nga lang. Haven't heard of any suspension related problems with him so far. I wonder if it was corrected in the later MMCs? Better check with other owners in the Mitsubishi threads to be sure.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Been on this same situation last 3 years ago with almost the same cars. A Civic VTI 2001 and a Vios E 2003 but both of them are M/T. I suggest that you test drive both cars and then you decide. Also the suggestion to take a chit chat with the owner will also help, beacuse you will know which car properly maintain. I got the Civic instead not because it have a much lower mileage than the VIOS but it was properly maintain compared to the Vios which was basically a company car and the transmission was already been replace several times.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiks333 View Post
    Been on this same situation last 3 years ago with almost the same cars. A Civic VTI 2001 and a Vios E 2003 but both of them are M/T. I suggest that you test drive both cars and then you decide. Also the suggestion to take a chit chat with the owner will also help, beacuse you will know which car properly maintain. I got the Civic instead not because it have a much lower mileage than the VIOS but it was properly maintain compared to the Vios which was basically a company car and the transmission was already been replace several times.
    Transmission replaced several times?! Oh dear... Poor car~ At manual pa naman yan, paano ginamit yan? Driving school ba yung company na yan? :rofl:

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Transmission replaced several times?! Oh dear... Poor car~ At manual pa naman yan, paano ginamit yan? Driving school ba yung company na yan? :rofl:
    MedRep yung may ari.. Galing sa company nila yung car after years of service binigay na sa kanya at nalaman ko lang yan nung tinest drive ko yung car at nakausap yung may ari.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I'm sure it's because of the driving style of the user, clutch can easily wear out if improper shifting and worse if due to clutch driving conditions.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    transmission replaced several times? o, baka naman clutch lining lang..?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Onga naman. Buong transmission? Tibay ng manual transmission ah, even with just one replacement in its less than ten year lifespan is a lot already. Sure ka buong transmission at hindi clutch lang? Hehe~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2001 Honda Civic Lxi or Toyota Vios 2005