New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kebloks View Post
    I think both, since we are financing through bank.

The SA contacted us today, may Civic 1.8E na available. Too bad we already bought a Jetta just hours ago.
    Don’t feel bad about buying a Jetta. It’s like buying a non-premium Audi A3 TDI for a third of how much others pay for an Audi A3 TDI. The savings you get from its diesel thriftiness will sure make you smile.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kebloks View Post
    I think both, since we are financing through bank.

The SA contacted us today, may Civic 1.8E na available. Too bad we already bought a Jetta just hours ago.
    Why do you feel bad after getting the Jetta? VWs are really nice cars for cheaper than the rest of the German brands.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Yes the VW Jetta is a "nice" car ... until it starts to need parts for replacement and your only option is the dealer ...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    some buyers think years into the future.
    other buyers think of the here and now.

diff'rent folks... diff'rent stokes...

not for me to decide which is right and which is wrong... which is better.. which is worse..

it's always buyers' choice.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 31st, 2017 at 10:43 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    If the car will be disposed in 5 years or so, then parts might be not an issue sa jetta.

Im just surprised that vw's pricing is actually... competitive (that is for their polo and jetta line)

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    If the car will be disposed in 5 years or so, then parts might be not an issue sa jetta.

Im just surprised that vw's pricing is actually... competitive (that is for their polo and jetta line)
    " perhaps it is because of the venue of the manufacturing plant ? "

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Yes the VW Jetta is a "nice" car ... until it starts to need parts for replacement and your only option is the dealer ...
    Euro ownership fun isn't all about driving. If one is handy, he can take maintenance into his own hands. To find hobo parts, most euros have VIN decoders w/ parts catalogues. You can't go wrong w/ these. For VAGs, VW owners can use this Online VAG spare parts catalog, Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat. VAG VIN decoder, part number search. *** Online.. Just log in the VIN, only part numbers of that particular car will pop. You won't be worrying about grabbing the wrong part. Online shopping can yield huge savings, too, if dealership prices are exponentially higher. VAG & specific model forums can be very helpful with everything from fixes, cheats to modding.
    Our ancient euro has been self-maintained hobo & running better than new...w/ all the known faults & flaws updated w/ superseded versions or improved aftermarket solutions. Parts are even easier to find than old nippons like a gen1 RAV4. Some of my good friends are restoring classic Porsches & they have no trouble sourcing everything down to the OE nuts & bolts...So, save the fear....Glass is half full....hurdling euro maintenance challenges & finding hobo deals can add much fun to ownership.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Euro ownership fun isn't all about driving. If one is handy, he can take maintenance into his own hands. To find hobo parts, most euros have VIN decoders w/ parts catalogues. You can't go wrong w/ these. For VAGs, VW owners can use this Online VAG spare parts catalog, Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat. VAG VIN decoder, part number search. *** Online.. Just log in the VIN, only part numbers of that particular car will pop. You won't be worrying about grabbing the wrong part. Online shopping can yield huge savings, too, if dealership prices are exponentially higher. VAG & specific model forums can be very helpful with everything from fixes, cheats to modding.
    Our ancient euro has been self-maintained hobo & running better than new...w/ all the known faults & flaws updated w/ superseded versions or improved aftermarket solutions. Parts are even easier to find than old nippons like a gen1 RAV4. Some of my good friends are restoring classic Porsches & they have no trouble sourcing everything down to the OE nuts & bolts...So, save the fear....Glass is half full....hurdling euro maintenance challenges & finding hobo deals can add much fun to ownership.[emoji4]

Bro, what if you just want your car to keep on running with the least amount of downtime and effort required to maintain it?

The sad reality is, not everyone enjoys tinkering with their cars. The entire process you described isn't "fun" for most people - it's downright stressful.

I'm not saying there isn't a niche for Euro cars, just that it's a very small niche relative to the bigger car owning population.

Generally, Tsikot is a forum filled with beginner car owners - first time buyers clueless about cars, just looking for the best deals and best value car for them, with fuel efficiency, ease of maintenance, and resale value as the usual top considerations. Every now and then, enthusiasts will come and go and share their knowledge and passion to the non-car buffs, but it's not like 10 or 15 years ago when the forum was smaller but more concentrated with car enthusiasts and not just car buyers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Not everyone can be bothered to do online shopping for parts and wait for parts to arrive ... some also just have one car ... and many do not want to DIY ...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Bro, what if you just want your car to keep on running with the least amount of downtime and effort required to maintain it?

The sad reality is, not everyone enjoys tinkering with their cars. The entire process you described isn't "fun" for most people - it's downright stressful.

I'm not saying there isn't a niche for Euro cars, just that it's a very small niche relative to the bigger car owning population.

Generally, Tsikot is a forum filled with beginner car owners - first time buyers clueless about cars, just looking for the best deals and best value car for them, with fuel efficiency, ease of maintenance, and resale value as the usual top considerations. Every now and then, enthusiasts will come and go and share their knowledge and passion to the non-car buffs, but it's not like 10 or 15 years ago when the forum was smaller but more concentrated with car enthusiasts and not just car buyers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    True, jut sir. Just opening doors, windows.... & sharing 1st hand insights. The world has gotten much smaller over the years. Euro-ownership really isn't as difficult as it's deemed to be.[emoji4]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast