New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Good day tsikot experts! I need your advice to help me choose between '95 civic ESI and '99 civic LXI both A/T. I currently own a '96 civic VTi M/T and I want to buy an A/T vehicle for some reasons. I'm considering the ESI since it's cheaper and gusto ko din porma. But the LXi is 4years younger than ESI and has an SIR body already. I'm on a limited budget din, pag ESI malamang may sumobra pa, pag LXI naman malamang kailagan ko magdagdag. Please help me choose between these two great civics. TIA!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    LXi na. Mas bago para mas maporma at mas kaunting sakit-ulo. And the ESi has rust issues plaguing it.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    EK and EG both have rust issues. For me LXi also because it's newer, but if you have limited budget, ESi na lang so you still have budget for some minor repairs when needed. Both are second hand units so choose the one who's "fresher."

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if its budget constraint, go for the esi, more room for financial and you'll have a budget for repairs if needed.

but to choose from the 2 without the the factor of budget, no question, LXi 99 - 2000.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    *GTi, R1chmond, and Archie: Thank you sir sa mga replies, kaya sarap tumambay dito kasi madaming mga experts and helpful tips. Lalo na in times of confusion.hehe. Im considering to get an A/T 'coz my wife is not comfortable driving a manual tranny:-P By the way mga sir, meron ako talagang gusto na mitsu galant '94 model, full JDM set-up like sunroof, rims, back glass wiper, etc. with Twin-turbo V6 engine, my friend owns it kaya alam ko na alaga talaga. And finally, willing na daw nya ibenta sakin. Sulit or okay pa kaya na bilhin ko 'to ngayon? naalala ko kasi 2 years ago gusto ko yun bilhin sa kanya.hehe. How much po kaya bagay na price for that particular vehicle? I'm expecting kasi around 300k siguro okay na.hehe. TIA again mga tsikot experts!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    That's a very nice car. If you're sure that its well cared for, then take it. BUT, that is if you are willing to shoulder that twin turbo V6 engine's voracious appetite, as well as more expensive midsize sedan parts cost.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Thanks for your advice sir GTi, tama ka mahal ang maintenance and fc. maghanap-hanap pa siguro ako ng ibang options. hindi lang naman sedan option ko, puede din auv like revo or adventure sana

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    How much is your budget? Is it at the vicinity of 200-300k? If so, the Isuzu Hilander fits your budget. Look for the all power SLX variant, or if you can afford, the XTRM variant (above 300k). If your budget does exceed 300k, you may consider the Toyota Revo GLX diesel as well. I do not suggest the Adventure because it is smaller than the two and the engine is weaker and less efficient.