New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Does the multicab have air conditioning? ...
    yes. my unit before have factory installed airconditioning using R12

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    How about a budget of 200k?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfire_28 View Post
    budget 50k minimum for repairs.

FOCUS

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfire_28 View Post
    still i'll buy multicab (80k). plus a scooter (70k) and 10 sacks of jasmine rice (30k).

20k savings.

5. Join Date
    May 2018
    Hi all! New member here
    Also about to buy my first car, I have a budget of around 250k though I'm opting to go financing. I have my eyes set on a 2011-2013 Hyundai i10 or Eon.
    Any suggestion or tips? Thank you!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tjeco View Post
    Hi all! New member here
    Also about to buy my first car, I have a budget of around 250k though I'm opting to go financing. I have my eyes set on a 2011-2013 Hyundai i10 or Eon.
    welcome to tsikot!

check this out (pre-owned at 70k. you will save 180k. you tint it at 4 to 5k. install aircon at around 12k. sound system at 10k. that'll leave you 156k for gas)--

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    just by the direction of the wipers, i suspect its manibela may not have been on the left side, when it left the factory the first time.
    but i could be wrong.

btw, if you have the 250K now, why go financing? why not cold cash?
    with luck, patience and astute buying, you might end up with a winner.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 23rd, 2018 at 12:03 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    just by the direction of the wipers, i suspect its manibela may not have been on the left side, when it left the factory the first time.
    but i could be wrong.

btw, if you have the 250K now, why go financing? why not cold cash?
    with luck, patience and astute buying, you might end up with a winner.
    Another observation I noticed for a van, not the picture above, is the sliding door.

I saw once how they assemble a surplus van. For the interior, I saw this guy cut the dashboard then assemble it like a jigsaw puzzle by heating the edges with a soldering iron and quickly​ attaching it. If it doesn't fit, he simply cuts it again until he gets the right fit. No drawing, no measurement, just simply looking at it. Once finished, you won't notice the "connections​" unless you are looking for it.

For the exterior, the owner explained to me that it is cut in pieces then welded to be assembled. Once it is fully painted, you won't notice the welded connections unless you know where to look for. I have forgotten if the chassis is also welded, but I vaguely remember it yes.

So I think this is the way a right hand drive vehicle is converted. In the later part of the "assembly", they will source out an auto electrician and a mechanic. Who needs an engineer? Not them and besides, those electrical and mechanical engineers are "useless" for them.

How I fondly remember our owner type jeep... having a seatbelt is a fancy thing. Once I saw an "automatic", and with bragging rights that he kept his left foot raised outside while in traffic! Then this assembled​ fiera where you need to "pump" the brakes.

Now, I can't drive without a seatbelt. Someone even pointed out why wear it while I'm just transferring to another parking slot.

I'm out of topic! If I may put the blame, it's because of your side comments.
    150k....what 2nd hand car woul you buy?!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tjeco View Post
    Hi all! New member here
    How about a kia picanto? Or hyundai getz.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    still i'll buy multicab (80k). plus a scooter (70k) and 10 sacks of jasmine rice (30k).

20k savings.
    This is a businessman's point of view, I think. In my opinion, this can be a start for someone who knows his way around places that are far, far away from the cities.

150k....what 2nd hand car woul you buy?!