New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Virage006 View Post
    Padagdag na lang mga boss. First post here but I've been lurking for a while.

I can only afford a second hard car, and so far, I'm torn between a 2000 CRV (1st gen) and a 2000 Rav4 (2nd gen), both A/T. Both are well maintained naman and all stock. I live in Baguio, so kailangan mejo ok humatak ung sasakyan. Ease of driving is a priority too, since the wife and I are both new drivers.

Newbie din kasi ako.
    perhaps a diesel is what will suit your driving needs better?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Also following this thread. I have the exact dilemma and my budget is 100k-150k. Sadly, I cannot exist beyond that price range.

What can you folks suggest? I only have 3 requirements.

• It needs to be cheap/easy to maintain (A total car noob here)
    • It needs to be reliable.
    • Transmission should be automatic.

I don't care about looks or anything aesthetic. I only intend to use it as a daily city driving car and I will rarely use this as an out of town vehicle (2-3 times a year)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chansilog View Post
    Also following this thread. I have the exact dilemma and my budget is 100k-150k. Sadly, I cannot exist beyond that price range.

What can you folks suggest? I only have 3 requirements.

• It needs to be cheap/easy to maintain (A total car noob here)
    • It needs to be reliable.
    • Transmission should be automatic.

I don't care about looks or anything aesthetic. I only intend to use it as a daily city driving car and I will rarely use this as an out of town vehicle (2-3 times a year)
    with patience and a little luck, you might be able to score a still-good-condition corolla gli or a sentra with EFI. they were well-built, back then.
    in my opinion, electronic fuel injection is more reliable than carb'd cars. however, carb is probably easier to fix.

and as in many older cars, the words "automatic" and "reliable", may not be seen in the same sentence. check well before buying.

good luck.

btw.
    the purchase price is the easiest aspect of car ownership.
    the daily costs of using that car, are what can make car ownership a nightmare.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    with patience and a little luck, you might be able to score a still-good-condition corolla gli or a sentra with EFI. they were well-built, back then.
    in my opinion, electronic fuel injection is more reliable than carb'd cars. however, carb is probably easier to fix.

and as in many older cars, the words "automatic" and "reliable", may not be seen in the same sentence. check well before buying.

good luck.

btw.
    the purchase price is the easiest aspect of car ownership.
    the daily costs of using that car, are what can make car ownership a nightmare.
    Thank you for the insight. Looks like I'm going to drive a manual car next year.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chansilog View Post
    Thank you for the insight. Looks like I'm going to drive a manual car next year.
    Was able to acquire a 2002 model toyota corolla AT ftom a Government corporation for 160k. Got it in good running condition. No major repairs done.. i think just add a little and you can get an altis much better than corolla gli AT.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Was able to acquire a 2002 model toyota corolla AT ftom a Government corporation for 160k. Got it in good running condition. No major repairs done.. i think just add a little and you can get an altis much better than corolla gli AT.
    Wish me luck

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Consider looking at mga lumang Mercedes Benz. Mga 1980 - 1990's na Benz. These are really reliable, simple to fix (wala pang electronics), and are very safe in terms of safety kapag nabangga. Mga piyesa nito hindi rin naman masyadong mahal basta alaga ng unang owner. Look for mga 1986 - 1994 na E class or yung mga 200E, 260E, etc

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleguy298 View Post
    Consider looking at mga lumang Mercedes Benz. Mga 1980 - 1990's na Benz. These are really reliable, simple to fix (wala pang electronics), and are very safe in terms of safety kapag nabangga. Mga piyesa nito hindi rin naman masyadong mahal basta alaga ng unang owner. Look for mga 1986 - 1994 na E class or yung mga 200E, 260E, etc
    who said, "the most expensive benz is the cheap benz" ?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    for me mas maganda pa rin brand new

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by commercial View Post
    for me mas maganda pa rin brand new
    bro bago ka nag reply, eto yata nakasulat sa thread Reply to Thread Re: 150k....what 2nd hand car woul you buy?!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
150k....what 2nd hand car woul you buy?!