makisali na din ako sa thread mga sir. budget 150k - 250k

galant 8g AT 4g63 sohc

galant 7g v6

sentra series 3 (sr20de)

lancer itlog (4g63T)

lancer itlog glxi nakaporma

yan medyo nagugustuhan ko pero isa lang pwede piliin bawal daw two timer
    ano po sa tingin niyo? di naman halata maka mistu ako haha
    IMHO get the newest unit, and the one that's closest to stock. Try to avoid the ones with engine swap, since you don't know how well the swap was done and whether or not the engine is good. If you're getting a midsize sedan, go for the one's that are year model 2000 and up. There is a big difference in annual registration fees.

I'd go for an 8G Galant V6 if possible. FC is probably not far off from the 4 pot anyway. But for cars in this price point, I much prefer Honda's. A 6th gen Accord with a manual sounds great.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dec1983 View Post

galant 8g AT 4g63 sohc

galant 7g v6

sentra series 3 (sr20de)

lancer itlog (4g63T)

in my opinion, the sentra series 3 with the regular engine, would probably give you the least headaches.
    sr20de engine...??

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Thank you sa reply mga sir. Car will be a weekend warrior and thinking of an engine swap if budget permits. I dont know much about galants but I did consider the 8g v6. I'll check some sentras next week..
    Dr.d sr20de engine sa sentra at 130k php.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00VD using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung weekend warrior bro mas maganda na ang midsize sedan para mas enjoy. 150k....what 2nd hand car woul you buy?! If you plan on modifying, I'd much rather recommend turbocharging or supercharging a manual transmission Accord. No legal hassles as compared to an engine swap and equal if not higher power increase. Honda's are also known to be able to hold up well with stock components even when well over 200whp...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dec1983 View Post

galant 8g AT 4g63 sohc

galant 7g v6

sentra series 3 (sr20de)

lancer itlog (4g63T)

For me galant Yung shark look wag Yung rayban ang likod. Mas maganda Yung performance at maluwag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *Dec1983 - same as what GTi said, look for a 6th gen Accord with the F23 engine (2.3L) with MT tranny. The engine is solid, the steering is responsive, and it comes with double wishbone suspension for a sportier handling. Galants of that generation have shown some issues with suspension so you need to check properly. If that Sentra Series 3 (B14) has an SR20DE engine on it, make sure that it comes with the necessary papers that an engine swap was made. The B14 and B13 Sentra came with the GA16DE engine which is quite adequate for the size of the Sentra. Both platforms can easily accommodate the more powerful SR20DE (Altima U13) and SR16VE (Sylvia S14) engines but necessary changes is needed to the clutch tranny as the stock clutch will not last long handling the more powerful engines.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Agree. If in good condition, the GA16 in stock form is already enough to get the Sentra to speeds well above 180km/h, at which point the Sentra would feel like a plane about to take off. And then there's the concern of whether the brakes can take it too.

Midsize sedans are way more stable and comfortable at such speeds since they we're designed for it. The only concern when running past 200 is whether your tires are rated for it. 150k....what 2nd hand car woul you buy?! Also, if you are into modification, you probably wouldn't want your car to be an AT, especially a 90s era, power robbing 4AT, which IIRC is the only tranny available with the 8G Galant. The Accord F23 MT is very rare though, but I wouldn't mind getting the lower F20 MT since power difference is minimal.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Padagdag na lang mga boss. First post here but I've been lurking for a while.

I can only afford a second hard car, and so far, I'm torn between a 2000 CRV (1st gen) and a 2000 Rav4 (2nd gen), both A/T. Both are well maintained naman and all stock. I live in Baguio, so kailangan mejo ok humatak ung sasakyan. Ease of driving is a priority too, since the wife and I are both new drivers.

Newbie din kasi ako.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IIRC, mas mataas ang population ng 1st gen CRV sa atin kesa sa 1st gen Rav4 so it would have better parts availability.

IMHO a manual variant would probably be better especially since these are gas guzzlefs we're talking about, not to mention the jacked up fuel prices in Baguio.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
150k....what 2nd hand car woul you buy?!