New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi Liwanag View Post
    mas mainam talaga yung newer car? kahit anong brand man yan ?
    Not necessarily. My colleague wanted to buy my big body at 120k, which I found insulting So he ended up buying a Cherry QQ. The car has been with him for less than 3 months, nag overheat na My big body, in it's 18 years, I never experienced an overheat or even a change in temperature. It does not give me any headaches naman

So given the choice between a new cherry QQ and an old Corolla, I would still choose the Corolla

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Thats the tradeoff. At least with secondhand cars, the sticker price is lower for a midrange sedan.

Better looks, more respectable, faster engine. In exchange for higher maintenance and fuel costs.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Fuel costs, true. For the usual maintenance costs, it would be about the same. The 5th gen and 6th gen Accords have less electronics and are more mechanical like the Civic EK. Fluid requirements (Oil, PS, tranny, brake) are the same, as well as the change cycle except bigger engines use more oil (5L instead of the usual 4L).

As long as you don't have a broken tranny or engine, then you will just have to keep the maintencace schedule prescribed in the manual. The suspension is more durable than compacts plus Accords drive better than a Civic in stock form, not to mention you get better torque in lower rpm.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    if you are going to choose between an iphone 3gs and an iphone 4s at the same price, what would you choose?
    That's different. That's like choosing between an EK Civic and an FD Civic. A 3GS is hardly ever the same price as a 4S.

Comparing an old car and new car in the same price range is more like comparing a 3GS to a newer Android such as a Samsung Galaxy S2/S3 (or whatever costs as much as a 3GS).

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi Liwanag View Post
    Napansin kolang, sa budget na binigay ko... parang ayaw nyo yung Honda Civic model? mas pinipili nyo mga ibang model na bibilhin. Why??

tsaka sa reply paki lagay nadin kung bakit yun ang pinili nyong car

uy 96 model ung car ko look my avatar,,

pero love na love ko parin hanggang ngayon..
    mga minor injuries palang inabot nito.like palit ng shock,,,bushing,,mga ano pa dapat i maintenace,,mga 4 years na sa akin ito pero ni minsa hindi ako tinirik sa daan..

he he he

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    ha ha ha. Not propositioning I just think the big body is a great car. This is the model that made me into a Toyota fan.
    i agree.
    i was supposed to buy one years ago, except that it was out of stock because the model was being phased out, and toyota was selling 'em at a discount, and so everyone wanted one. so i ended up with a sentra, which i sold 16 years later.. but i still wonder how nice it would be if i had a second chance to get one, kahit used na.. the mint-er, the better....
    Last edited by dr. d; January 9th, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    May nakalimutan si 1D4LV. Check mo din kung may brake bago test drive. Hehe. Honda for me. Kahit old model maangas pa din ang dating basta properly maintained. IMO, Pag toyota kasi parang taxi agad naiisip ko.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Forums

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    May nakalimutan si 1D4LV. Check mo din kung may brake bago test drive. Hehe. Honda for me. Kahit old model maangas pa din ang dating basta properly maintained. IMO, Pag toyota kasi parang taxi agad naiisip ko.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Forums
    It really depends on the eye of the beholder. For me it's the other way around. I find Toyota designs to age better than Hondas which look fantastic when they're brand new but as soon as the next model is released, suddenly the previous design looks aged.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    It really depends on the eye of the beholder. For me it's the other way around. I find Toyota designs to age better than Hondas which look fantastic when they're brand new but as soon as the next model is released, suddenly the previous design looks aged.
    that's why we chose volkswagen, decades ago.. never in style, never out of style. heh heh.
    but if i get the new beetle now, my wife will probably kill me, "anuka! sana nag-fortuner ka na lang!".

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Salamat sa mga reply nyo mga bossing: Dahil dito na stop ako bumili ng car na worth 120-150k at nag decide ako na increase budget ko to 200k - 250k. For now, Honda nasa isip ko. Parehas kami nung nag sabi ng pag Toyota o Lancer parang Taxi na ang dating sa mata ko. Pero it will take months pa bago ko maipon yung new budget ko, sa ngaun titignan ko kung bakit marami din tao ang may gusto sa Toyota. At siguro pagaral mga parts ng kotse (loob, engine, oils etc..)..

Mga natutunan ko:
    1. Buying 2nd car tips and advices
    2. Getting a newer car is better (excerpt for Honda -- which is kahit luma mahal padin)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Hello mga sir? Paano mag start ng new thread dito? We almost have the same plan din kasi. Salamat.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast