New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    My first ever car (1st year college) was a 15 year old box type...

And literally... Mixed emotions!

90's car means 20 year old... Although may mga kilala akong naka E90 pa hanggang ngayon as their daily driver...

If you can find one (with your budget), I would recommend the Tamaraw FX.

Yes, it's not ***y... pero you get the ladder frame. rear suspension is 4 bushings (6 including the shock absorbers). front suspension is so old I think it was the same one used by the Lite Ace!

Engine is another story pero even if you get a gas variant, magkano lang ang 2C...

As for the cars mentioned by TS... My vote goes to the Corolla... personally, ang dami kong bad experience with the 90's Lancer, positive note is same yung parts nya sa Hyundai kaya may cheaper alternative ako sa parts... Sentra AC is good, pero the engine is too weak for its body.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    get a 90s corolla, sentra, or even lancer.
    I agree on the 90s corolla. It's the best car I've ever owned. I sold my 1996 corolla in 2014 and I'm still feeling a little regret. I'm sure it's problem free. In 18 years I only had issues with the power steering (but that was solved). That car was indestructible.

Parang taas ng resale value, bought in 96 for 500k+ (forgot the exact amount) Sold it in 2014 for 100k+ hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    My 1994 XE was sold in 2010

Buyer just turned 17 and it was his first car.

Naalala ko tuloy yung "mixed emotions" ko when my dad gave me a box type...

Power Steering was leaking (but never repaired) - top up of fluid once a month.
    Engine looses .5 liter oil every change oil
    FC ranges from 6-10km/l (heavy traffic, if it reaches 6, it means its time for oil change and tune up)

I remember spending 35k on suspension repairs

Car was never in an accident and only repainted once...

For the budget you have... Just look at the condition of the body...

No major accident & rust on the important body parts is a must.

You can't expect too much from a 20 year old engine and suspension, but those can be replaced...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I vote for the Corolla. XE for fuel economy, GLi for speed. Parts are easy to find, and not very expensive.

I have fond memories of a '94 GLi that I had, virtually indestructible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12