New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    David, I think hood insulation will be lot simpler and would be a good practice field in preparation for a more thorough and meticulous sound proofing/deadening requirement of the interiors. I'll do this first and proceed based on my improved expertise and satisfaction of hood insulation performance.

My only worry is yun concern ni BM5er medyo makapal daw yun local (acoustifoam) material. Is there any other brand/option that can be used?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wurth is really soft and thin, around 3/4 or 2/3" thick lang sya, soft and yung finish nya parang soft leather... BUT...

di ko sure kung ano reaction nya sa heat. Although the product does say pwede sya sa underhood application. You'll probably need 3 pcs for a hood.

What are you guys trying to accomplish btw?

- Heat retardation?
    - Noise Absorbsion
    - Both?

Kung both, medyong no choice kayo it needs a silver (aluminum) backing to block the heat from reaching the metal, and you need the thicker acoustic absorbing foam to absorb and diffuse the noise...

I haven't seen a thin acoustic foam here locally.

BTW, eto yung Wurth

http://www.wurth.com.au/a030534.asp

The aluminum colored one are the deadening sheets (they are used to provide mass and stop vibrations)

The black is the foam that I was talking about to absorb noise.

Best used when the Sound proofing foam is placed on top of the deadening pads.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boss theveed,
    ano pinagkaiba nyan sa dynamat?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pepengtom
    boss theveed,
    ano pinagkaiba nyan sa dynamat?
    1) brand (obviously hehe)
    2) price (dynamat costs more)
    3) installation technique (dynamat requires a heat/blower gun to install)
    4) wurth - 2 stages (bitumen plus foam); dynamat- 1 stage only (bitumen)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just like anything else, shop by performance and value, not brand.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    We've used the local material mentioned above.

First, in and around the trunk spare wheel well as we noticed the heat generated is so much inside the trunk and radiates into the back of the rear seats. This is on the 3 & 5 series.

Then we tried it on the underside of the rear seats and on all door panels.

Our next project is the underside of the rear panel under the rear windshield which is exposed to the sun on midday.

Then we will try it next on the underside of the hood before putting back the OEM hood insulation.

We even thought of spraying heat resistant black spray paint (not sure if it will crack later) on the insulation so it does not absorb too much dust and water spurts from the engine. The dust and the water easily deteriorates the OEM insulation and they're 4,000 a pop!

We also suspected too much heat from the rear exhaust, even with the heat insulation in the underbody. So we thought of using the exhaust pipe wrap normally used on the headers, and try it on before the rear muffler. We gather the usual length is 1,800. But this is more of heat insulation already and a little bit of sound insulation.
    Last edited by bm5er; November 9th, 2004 at 03:25 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    bm5er,

post naman po kayo ng pics ng mga projects ninyo.. thanks

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by icon
    how much of that would you need to cover the entire floor area for a sedan?
    pasensya na ah, tinatamad akong mag guesstimate

Hi Im Alexie Ganchoon. A former wurth agent. If your choice is the aluminum quoted it would be around 12 pieces. It comes in set but I forgot how many. I think one set includes three pieces.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123