In the past 2 and a half weeks, I went through two head units; first was the Pioneer AVH-4150DVD, which I promptly returned a week later due to very limited SQ tweakability. I'm now using a Kenwood DDX8034BT that has most of the intermediate stuff for SQ tuning like digital x'over, time alignment, phasing for the sub, individual speaker level adjustments, 13-band EQ, SRS WOW, etc.

That said, I pretty much have an idea on how to move the soundstage around the car. My question is where should I put it? I'm an old school car audio addict and although, soundstaging in a home setting is pretty much straightforward, it's new to me when doing it inside the car.

I'm the listener and also the driver. As the only audiophile in the car, I don't care about what the passengers hear. :D.

So again, where?
a. Directly in front of the driver like on the gauges or the windshield?
b. Center of the car's dashboard?
c. Center of the car (ie. between the front and rear passengers)?
d. Someplace else?

Equally important, I'd like to retain as much depth as possible from my system. I know it's a compromise but still, there must be a sweet spot somewhere. Anyway, just give me a ballpark and I'll just tune it as best as I can.

By the way, my speakers are installed as such:
Front seps: DLS R6A - Mid-bass on the doors near the kick-panel, off-axis; tweets on the A-pillar, on-axis.
Rear coax: DLS 226 - Rear deck pointing up to the rear windshield
Sub: Blaupunkt THb210A in the trunk
Car is a sedan: Civic 1.8S

Thanks!