New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jay185 View Post
    Kahit sino sa kanila boss? Tumatangap din kaya sila ng card?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Nope. With the probable exception of DawgAudio (they cater to the mid-to-high end market kasi in terms of services), those in Banawe doesn't have POS systems that you can take advantage of credit cards. Cash lang sila

===
    As to whether to cheapen your deadeners or not, that's up to you. In most cases, I highly advice paying extra for butyl rubber deadeners over asphalt. You might not see the benefits now or a year after but you'll eventually reap its benefits for fewer headaches down the road. The only time I can suggest asphalt is for floor deadener use.

A copy-paste of "melting deadenings" topic in KAC's Total Audio section:

Deadening
    by iddle_hans on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 am

Mga sir quick question normal lang ba na nag melt yung deadening pag mainit ang araw? Natutunaw kasi yung sakin installed by candyshop hassle kasi ilang jeans ko na ang namachahan eh

Thanks
    iddle_hans

Re: Deadening
    by jhnkvn on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:18 am

As manufacturers such as Dynamat, Second Skin, STP, etc. use different compositions on their sound deadener/insulation sheets, it's hard to tell which percentage composes what. However, usual cheapo stick-and-run types of deadeners (those costing around 250 pesos per sheet) are usually asphalt-based rather than butyl rubber because, for one, asphalt is cheap.

Problem here is that asphalt isn't really recommended for in-car applications especially in a hot and humid environment such as the Philippines. Rubberized asphalt has a rather low melting point (hence natutunaw) compared to rubberized butyl. It also becomes hard and brittle on negative or low temperatures while it becomes soft and melts at 80 degrees Celsius. And that melting point is actually pretty easy to reach once you think about the number of hours your paint's exposed to the sun. Of course, this number changes based on the material grade (there's also low and high grade asphalt/butyl/rubber) and composition but keep it as a general rule of thumb.

This is where the "you-get-what-you-pay-for" in terms of long-term headache free maintenance. This is also the reason I try to tell off people using asphalt-based sheets.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Nope. With the probable exception of DawgAudio (they cater to the mid-to-high end market kasi in terms of services), those in Banawe doesn't have POS systems that you can take advantage of credit cards. Cash lang sila

===
    As to whether to cheapen your deadeners or not, that's up to you. In most cases, I highly advice paying extra for butyl rubber deadeners over asphalt. You might not see the benefits now or a year after but you'll eventually reap its benefits for fewer headaches down the road. The only time I can suggest asphalt is for floor deadener use.

A copy-paste of "melting deadenings" topic in KAC's Total Audio section:

Deadening
    by iddle_hans on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 am

Mga sir quick question normal lang ba na nag melt yung deadening pag mainit ang araw? Natutunaw kasi yung sakin installed by candyshop hassle kasi ilang jeans ko na ang namachahan eh

Thanks
    iddle_hans

Re: Deadening
    by jhnkvn on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:18 am

As manufacturers such as Dynamat, Second Skin, STP, etc. use different compositions on their sound deadener/insulation sheets, it's hard to tell which percentage composes what. However, usual cheapo stick-and-run types of deadeners (those costing around 250 pesos per sheet) are usually asphalt-based rather than butyl rubber because, for one, asphalt is cheap.

Problem here is that asphalt isn't really recommended for in-car applications especially in a hot and humid environment such as the Philippines. Rubberized asphalt has a rather low melting point (hence natutunaw) compared to rubberized butyl. It also becomes hard and brittle on negative or low temperatures while it becomes soft and melts at 80 degrees Celsius. And that melting point is actually pretty easy to reach once you think about the number of hours your paint's exposed to the sun. Of course, this number changes based on the material grade (there's also low and high grade asphalt/butyl/rubber) and composition but keep it as a general rule of thumb.

This is where the "you-get-what-you-pay-for" in terms of long-term headache free maintenance. This is also the reason I try to tell off people using asphalt-based sheets.
    Thanks canvass na lang kung sino sa kanila ang cheaper.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    If you have a good covered parking space pwede na din ung asphalt type na deadening lalo na kung limited budget. OTH, if you have the extra dough, mas maganda ung butyl type.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12