New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    *pasted from yahoo answers

Hi there.
    I just replaced my stock car stereo.
    Headunit: Pioneer DEH-2250UBG
    And a pair of 6" TS-G1613R in my front doors. (co axial)

It already sounds nice, but seems to be lacking.
    Should I get 2 speakers for the rear?
    I'd like to keep it really basic, without the amp and equalizer if possible.
    Thanks for the input guys!

additional info: i have nothing in the rear. no stocks or anything
    and its a honda exi mt 1998

salamat mga master

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    where does it lack sir? sa base, mids?? sana nag seps ka na sa fronts mo. try mo i-amp baka yun hinahanap mong tunog kasi mas rich ang tunog from the lows to the highs pag naka amp.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    feeling ko sa base.
    since ung co axials ko naman mid-high.
    so kulang nga siguro yung low frequency sounds..
    alam ko 4 channel yung HU.
    sana lang kaya pa niya magpower ng 2 additional woofers for the rear.
    tingin niyo?

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    amps, subs, tweeter. ayos na!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    SQ lang ba ? 4 rear speakers would do. 2 dun sa 2 pintuan then another 2 for the rear dashboard.

Tapos finish it off with tweeters. Kung kulang ka pa sa boom boom, then its time to add na woofers. Ta's ampli na rin.

BTW, don't add speakers dun sa may A-pillar. Panget eh.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Might as well put the coaxial speakers at the rear and put separates frontstage bro. Kahit HU powered, you'll be satisfied. Coaxial kasi crispy ang tunog kaya siguro nakukulangan tenga mo.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Biggest improvement should be:

If you really want rear speakers, get a pair of separates at the front. Switch the coaxials to the ear. You need not slap the tweeters in the A-pillars or the sail panel, just get a 3M double tape then ilagay mo lang doon sa dash. IMO, 90% of the car audio is now separate components. Most coaxials is being delegated for rear-speaker duties nalang.

If you found the sound lacking, it's probably not because of the void in the rear but rather the speaker's fault themselves. If you're in front, you'd hardly hear the rear play except if you turn your head 180 degrees. In other words, lahat ng naririnig mo at front comes from the front sound system not the rear.

Amp-ing does not improve the high and low ends, rather it improves all around frequencies. From low to high, there's a big improvement on a sound's "fullness"

For most people, if they found the bass lacking, I think it's a cue for a subwoofer. If not, you found that the low-mids are lacking. Try to use the Pioneer's EQ and bump things near the low end.

For sound improvement, I believe getting better speakers first then getting an amplifier to power it.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    salamat sa input mga master.
    ive been doing some info gathering as well.
    dapat nga seperates talaga sa harap :D
    oh well.. anjan na eh.

bale best course of action to take is..
    tiis muna and ipon.
    pag may budget na.
    lipat na ung 2 co axials ko sa rear (probably sa rear dash)
    i'm not giving this too much importance na.
    seems like the rear sound set up is just for additional volume
    gaya nga ng sabe niyo, pwede na idelegate sa co axial, para nga lang naman mafill yung void sa rear.
    after all, music must come to the front! just like a performance <-nabasa ko rin sa tsikot :D
    ako naman driver, at ako importante mag enjoy sa music, hindi pasahero sa likod! haha.

hmmm.
    my headunit has a built in Built in 50W x 4 Channel High-Power MOSFET Amplifier, so it looks like i can avoid getting a real amp for a while. at least until the audiobug bites me.
    how will that work with the seps that we're planning for the front?

COAXIAL versus COMPONENTS SETS-

Generally component speakers are better than coaxial speakers but that's a manufacturer's decision. It's cheaper to make a coaxial speaker with inferior components than it is to make a cheap component set. Coaxial designs have the advantage of the tweeter and the woofer being mounted very close together (coincident, hence the name coaxial (coincident axes)) which makes all of the sounds come from one point.
    Imagine that you're listening to a drum solo. Because the woofer and tweeter are mounted on the same axis, the drum set will sound correct (at least location wise). Now imagine a component set where the installer mounted the woofer in the door and the tweeter in the A-pillar (the piece between the windshield and the front door). Now it's more likely that the snare drum will appear much lower in the vehicle than the cymbal. This can be overcome by mounting the woofer and the tweeter much closer together. The higher quality coaxial speakers are actually component sets where the tweeter has been suspended over the woofer such as in many top speaker brands.
    The bottom line is that you get what you pay for. You can't really compare a $60 coaxial speaker with a $200 component set. However you can compare a $250 coaxial with a $300 component set. The most important things are:
    1. Does it sound good to you
    2. Does it fit your vehicle
    3. Does it fit your budget

What's next after HU and front speaker?