New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    cathy for you,

ive tried the FM transmitters from CDR King for my IPOD nano. ok na rin sound if you dont mind some hissing and just want to hear and play your ipod.

so far di pa naman sira ipod ko.

if you want aux in, it will depend on your headunit.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here is what i do.

for normal sounds, i use the FM transmitter. i got one from electronics boutique that is a cradle, a charger and a transmitter in one. i think i got it for around 1.2k.

but for crisp clear jazz music, i usually burn them sa CD-R and play it directly sa HU.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Can you still remember where you bought that transmitter with a cradle?

Does that mean that CDs still sound better even if I use aux in for my ipod and my mp3s have a bit rate of 320?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post

Does that mean that CDs still sound better even if I use aux in for my ipod and my mp3s have a bit rate of 320?
    Most of the time, the CDs are still better. Firstly, most of the mp3s are "converted" from some source, which is usually from a CD recording... So the converted sound can never be better than the original, it can be equivalent but not better.

However, if the CD was made from an MP3 source, such as that in many pirated CDs, or your simple, make it yourself at home CD, then the source mp3 file would be better or equivalent.

If you downloaded an mp3 with a bit rate less than 320 then you convert the mp3 to a 320 bitrate, hoping to improve the sound, unfortunately it will not improve, and instead may cause the sound to deteriorate even more.

Also, by using a CD thru your headunit, your sound is processed by a pre-amplifier and an amplifier only once... whereas when using your aux-in and ipod combination, the sound is processed by a pre-amplifier and an amplifier 2x (once in the i-pod, and another with the headunit). Each time sound is processed by a pre-amp and amplifier, static increases, and a very subtle loss of quality may come out. Proof that you have 2 pre-amplifiers and amplifiers working with this setup, is that you fact that you can change the volume both with your ipod and with your head unit...

Whether or not these subtle changes will be noticed by you is dependent on the quality of your ipod, your headunit, your cables, your speakers, and your ears. Most of the time, for most people, these subtle changes and reduced quality are not noticeable.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    http://www.eoutlet.co.uk/ProductImag...P-ipod-BLK.jpg

i have a transpod. it charges and a transmitter at the same time. clear sound. flawless. bout 3k ata yun eh. you just plug it at your lighter. no worrying of draining the batt of your ipod too.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005

it looks like this

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007

[SIZE=3]i have a stock HU..borrowed a friend's tape adaptor (he's not using it already since he bought a new HU with aux ports/USB), and had a friend's ipod connected to the adaptor...voila! music is clear...although im content with stock speakers...at the moment...[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

i got it at Electronics Boutique sa Park Square 1.
    on your second question, it will sound as good as the other. hindi na noticable yung difference.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
what would be the best way to play ipod thru car stereo na clear and sound?