New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ey thanks sa mga feed back guys.. but kung meron pa kayon ma susuggest, ill appreciate it, got me leaning to dls or focal, but still would love to audition other brands, yung alpine type x, what feedback nyo dun?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hellp peeps! my first post.

fu_man, they sure made very good suggestions. focals and dls are certainly a cut above the rest. but between those two i would prefer the latter.. i havent heard anything bad regarding their products, starting from their basic line to the deservingly acclaimed iridiums. un dls basic lng sulit ka na sa sql compared sa entry level ng ibang brands. my friend has it in his system, i auditioned it and after cguro ten seconds i asked him 'pare ano sub mo?' i was embarassed and surprised when he told me "wala." he just has the basic and stock rears ng altis! un low notes (bass guitar) tlga defined na defined and very clear (was listening to rock music not hiphop ha).. but of course that could just me the quality of the cd thats fooling me.

but since you are considering focals, u might also want to check the velocity vpc 172 series. 6.5" sya. i had it installed sa civic about a year ago and i am very satisfied sql-wise. it was featured in a magazine where it was compared to focals (sorry forgot which line) and the vpc produced better reviews. ive never been a fun of blaupunkt kc their too matinis for my liking. but this is their competition model and it sure didnt disappoint. if your listening to mellow music like light rock, pop/ballads, classical, this gives you the best bang for the buck (their best model THEN priced mid variant dls). lalo na sa live performances, ganda ng sound stage even the breatdth of the singer is very clear. so kung sql ka, consider this also. you'll be impressed. my 2c.

so its between dls magnesium or vpc for me.. sana nakatulong at gud luck hunting!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Focal
    DLS
    Crystal

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by UndertheSun View Post
    hellp peeps! my first post.

fu_man, they sure made very good suggestions. focals and dls are certainly a cut above the rest. but between those two i would prefer the latter.. i havent heard anything bad regarding their products, starting from their basic line to the deservingly acclaimed iridiums. un dls basic lng sulit ka na sa sql compared sa entry level ng ibang brands. my friend has it in his system, i auditioned it and after cguro ten seconds i asked him 'pare ano sub mo?' i was embarassed and surprised when he told me "wala." he just has the basic and stock rears ng altis! un low notes (bass guitar) tlga defined na defined and very clear (was listening to rock music not hiphop ha).. but of course that could just me the quality of the cd thats fooling me.

but since you are considering focals, u might also want to check the velocity vpc 172 series. 6.5" sya. i had it installed sa civic about a year ago and i am very satisfied sql-wise. it was featured in a magazine where it was compared to focals (sorry forgot which line) and the vpc produced better reviews. ive never been a fun of blaupunkt kc their too matinis for my liking. but this is their competition model and it sure didnt disappoint. if your listening to mellow music like light rock, pop/ballads, classical, this gives you the best bang for the buck (their best model THEN priced mid variant dls). lalo na sa live performances, ganda ng sound stage even the breatdth of the singer is very clear. so kung sql ka, consider this also. you'll be impressed. my 2c.

so its between dls magnesium or vpc for me.. sana nakatulong at gud luck hunting!
    Hi guys, finally someone leaked out info about Blaupunkt's VPC 172!!!
    Underthesun- Sir, i read a similar article in Auto hifi magazine and also T3.

This is my input on the Blaupunkt’s Velocity -best bang for the buck!
    I used to be a die-hard fan of Focal separates until I attended the German Auto show last 2004 were I came across the Blaupunkt booth. A gentleman approached me on Blaupunkt’s high end called the Velocity. After hearing my passion for Focals, he demonstrated the VPC 172. My loyalty for Focals started diminishing and I eventually purchased the first set. Had it installed on my Xtrail and boy, after the break in period, I really got to enjoy this separates more than any I’ve come across.

Upon opening a car accessories store, I immediately contacted Robert Bosch and acquired the dealership. Even set up a sound room for Velocity. That’s how impressed and content I am with this model. It doesn’t even cost 1/3 of the Focal counterpart - the K2ps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
what separates would you recommend/use