New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    para po mag store electrical charge, para hindi humuhinga mga ilaw
    before adding a power capacitor, test mo muna kung need mo nga. if your headlights dim to the music beat, then that is the time it.

Start with a good h.u. then separates.
    yes, correct. the first step you need to do is to get a decent HU to replace the stock HU.

ano ba ang stock HU ng car mo ngayon?

ideally, this is what you should aim for

1. get a decent head unit
    2. get a good set of front speakers (2-way separates or 3-way separates if you want)

later on..

3. add a good amp
    4. add a good subwoofer or rear speakers

later on..

5. add sound deadening sheets to your ride
    6. get a separate amp for your sub
    7. add a good sound processor or equalizer

you don't have to follow everything in order. or you don't need to have all rin. depende yan sa taste mo.

like me, ang ginawa ko last year on my Revo was..

1. upgrade stock Kenwood HU to Pioneer AVH-1450DVD HU
    2. keep the stock front 2-way separates and stock rear speakers
    3. add sound deadening sheets to the 4 doors

i was planning to replace all the speakers pero di ko na tinuloy dahil maganda na ang tunog ng stock speakers after changing HU and adding sound deadeners.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Ano po ang masusugest nyo na magandang head unit?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *vonvergelenriqu: bang-for-the-buck is Pioneer with 2 year local warranty. other brands are Alpine, Panasonic, Sony, JBL, Kenwood, etc.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rac98 View Post
    Start with a good h.u. then separates.
    maraming salamat sa lahat ng mgagandang info

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    stock pa rin po ang head unit ko ng Honda Civc FD in dash po

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    maganda na bang Head Unit itong Pioneer AVH 1450DVD

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *vonvergelenriqu: for me it's bang-for-the-buck. sounds good, looks good.

Pioneer AVH-1450DVD ang pinalit ko sa Kenwood HU last year. costs P10,500 with 2-yr local warranty. there's a shop that offers it for P9,500 but with 6 mos. warranty only.

it can read my 32GB Sandisk Cruzer Fit USB loaded with MP3 and AVI. the touchscreen is bright and easy to navigate. you can change the color theme, background, and animation. has preset EQ settings and user-adjustable custom EQ. comes with a handy remote control.

other features, too many to list down. refer na lang to Pioneer site.

i also added reverse camera at the same time. put the gear in reverse and video is automatically displayed on the Pioneer LCD.

if you need the Bluetooth function, you can get the next model up in the series.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Well, buti nandito si red_one taking care of the car audio section of Tsikot while I was gone :D

Anyway, here's my inputs for your 15k.
    1. Get a secondhand 9887 - 10k
    2. Get a subwoofer, box, and cheap amplifier for it - the rest (you'd probably need to add in a bit more)
    3. Find somebody to tune your 9887

A 2DIN won't cut it unless you're eyeing to pay out more than 30k. The reason why I keep telling people to change their head unit first is because habol mo dyan are the DSP features namely time alignment and X-bands of EQ. Your main enemy in car audio is simply the car acoustics itself. Strictly speaking, sound quality is three aspects: soundstaging, imagining, and tonality. With a so-so head unit, you may achieve good tonality but fail the other two.

The adage of "change your head unit" is long past. This is because before car companies neglect the audio aspect of the vehicle this is what caused aftermarket decks to flourish. However now that the head unit is becoming more and more integrated with the car itself, car manufacturers are actually paying close attention in designing it so the gap from stock to an aftermarket deck is becoming closer. The difference between a DSP-capable aftermarket head unit and a stock head unit with a processor? Not much. Except for lower noise floors, THD%, and some variability between the frequency range measurements.

As proof, I'm running a stock head unit. For people who doubt my "audiophile" roots, let's just say not everybody has a 64k and 40k headphone at his home so I take my audio seriously.

But since most people won't readily believe me, go for the more usual route of:

1. Get a subwoofer and an amplifier for it. This fills up the lower-bass regions and would frankly be the most apparent upgrade for most people.
    2. Go change your amplifier.
    3. Get better speakers.
    4. Deaden.
    5. Finally change your head unit.
    (no particular order)

And if habol mo lang talaga is clarity, keep it simple: sell your Targa and V12. Get a 5k separate component set and a 5k amplifier then be done with it.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; February 28th, 2013 at 10:14 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post

The adage of "change your head unit" is long past. This is because before car companies neglect the audio aspect of the vehicle this is what caused aftermarket decks to flourish. However now that the head unit is becoming more and more integrated with the car itself, car manufacturers are actually paying close attention in designing it so the gap from stock to an aftermarket deck is becoming closer.
    Agree bro. But, sadly agree....

18.3K:tomato:

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    i was planning to replace all the speakers pero di ko na tinuloy dahil maganda na ang tunog ng stock speakers after changing HU and adding sound deadeners.
    That is what I do, too, most of the times in the past...

Kaso, nga, ngayon,- integrated na sa car body ang HU,- and they're making them a-ok na rin....

18.3K:tomato:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
What do i need?