New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    price wise -- RYAN AUDIO Kevlar Series

performance wise -- JL AUDIO XR & ZR Series

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Targa X series gets my vote just be sure to power it right!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ito lang po kinaya ko..
    not sure which 1 pero looks the same

a/d/s 234is or a/d/s 235is

sabi ni Jeff Tan need ko pa daw ng coaxial speaker para sa pinto ko sa likod..

any comment are welcome. + or -.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Here's my take on this:

Performance-wise, if cost is no object, I'd say the Focal Utopia BE probably beats everything else. Best separates I've ever heard. Needs very thorough deadening of the doors, though, for it to work its magic... and of course some serious amplification (SQ-wise, not SPL)

Going back to reality, though, for the money nothing beats a DLS system in terms of sound quality (again, not SPL). The DLS Reference for example is a good value system if you want textured, warm, full-bodied sound, much like the sound of those exquisite European/Scandinavian loudspeakers for the home, capable of sounding bigger than the speakers. They treble on this system is never harsh (except on trash tracks, LOL).

For pure SPL, I think an all-out Rockford Fosgate Power system would be great. It's one of those loud systems that are not only boom-and-tink, they have superb resolving capabilities as well... the details, particularly on the treble is absolutely amazing (approaches in quantity that of the Utopia BE, but at this price, don't expect same quality). Not the most refined of the bunch, though... it's a good compromise still if you love high SPLs.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by makoi03 View Post
    ito lang po kinaya ko..
    not sure which 1 pero looks the same

a/d/s 234is or a/d/s 235is

sabi ni Jeff Tan need ko pa daw ng coaxial speaker para sa pinto ko sa likod..

any comment are welcome. + or -.
    mas maganda talaga sir may coax sa likod it will give you surround sound.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
What is, the best separates for you...price wise, space wise, performance wise?