New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Guys, I'm new to this forum but an oldie in being a car & sound enthusiast. I've tried a few China Double Din Head units like VTREC, JVC, some China no named models and lately an OEM looking Double Din HU fitted on my 2011 Hilux. So far, the one installed on my Hilux is the most promising because of its excellent navigation system, dual zone (meaning the GPS functions while music or radio is playing), excellent sound and ease of use. However, the iPod control is lousy because you cannot see the songs on the HU's LCD screen, you can only do pause, play, next and previous song commands on the screen with no possibility of modifying your iPod's settings.It also does not charge your iPod while it is connected

Can I get your suggestions, experiences and comments on what is the best China Double Din DVD Head Unit w/ iPod Control, GPS/NAVI & Dual Zone???

I like to upgrade to a better head unit immediately. Here are my non negotiable features:

1. it must be double din ofcourse with DVD functions. Front load or sliding screen is acceptable.
    2. it must be able to FULLY CONTROL my iPod through the Head Unit's LCD screen.
    3. it must be able to charge the iPod while it is connected to this Head unit.
    4. it must have an excellently functioning GARMIN Compatible NAVIGATION system.
    5. it must be DUAL ZONE - meaning it can play the iPod songs and radio music while GPS/NAVIGATION is functioning.
    6. it must have at the back: Subwoofer out, video in/out, aux in etc.

Hope you can share your experience. I'm looking at Lightning Lab units but I was informed that it does not charge the iPod when connected. Also, I have not seen the screen showing iPod controls yet. Does anyone have other opinions and experiences on these units?

Thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    im using lightning lab but it as far as your list goes, it dosent provide that full control on the ipod.. it can only move forward and back on the songs.. but afaik it charges my ipod while playing...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    im using lightning lab but it as far as your list goes, it dosent provide that full control on the ipod.. it can only move forward and back on the songs.. but afaik it charges my ipod while playing...
    Thanks for this info olidotcom. It's so frustrating to find out that simple functions we need are not complete on our units. For exaple my VTREC China unit, you can fully control and charge my iPod, it has a gps and all of the things on my list EXCEPT being DUAL ZONE also the on-board memory is probably too small that's why when the iPod songs are loaded on RAM ayaw naman mag boot up and umandar ng GPS Sana may iba pang China brand na ok...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

ibabalik ko yung promo na 16500 with camera

dualzone and PIP (picture in picture) functions, meaning you can navigate your gps while watching tv or dvd at the same time on the same screen may maliit na screen na lalabas on top of the gps navigation.

with this model, you can also set the welcome logo to your car brand. but similar to other head units, pareho po ito sa sinasabi ni sir olidotcom.

***Hindi ata ako nagpost nito. Pero ok lang. Baka from our admins***

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    E=OTEP;1866302]

ibabalik ko yung promo na 16500 with camera

dualzone and PIP (picture in picture) functions, meaning you can navigate your gps while watching tv or dvd at the same time on the same screen may maliit na screen na lalabas on top of the gps navigation.

with this model, you can also set the welcome logo to your car brand. but similar to other head units, pareho po ito sa sinasabi ni sir olidotcom.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info and promo ser. What's this unit called?

So you mean it does not charge the iPod or have the iPod controls on its screen?

Gusto ko sana ser pati price pero I really want and need the iPod controls and charging. Meron pa PO BA kayong Ibang unit kahit mas mahal?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nagchacharge po ng ipod, di lang full control sa screen for the ipod. brand po lightning lab

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    nagchacharge po ng ipod, di lang full control sa screen for the ipod. brand po lightning lab
    Bossing do you know of an OEM DVD/navi unit for the Chevy cruze that can play iPod/iPhone videos as well? I have a Pioneer AV-3250 that can do this, pero if I add it to the Cruze I lose basic car functions that are integrated into the stock head unit. Thanks!

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    mga friends ask lang ko kung pwede yung avanza malagyan nang overhead video unit? thanks

What is the best China Double Din DVD Head Unit w/ iPod Control, GPS/NAVI & Dual Zone