New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ednapila View Post
    Bro,

1. Check mo kung tama ang empedance ng speakers mo. Kung masyadong mababa, it will cause an overload so magtrip ang AMP mo. As the speakers get older, possible kasi mag-short konti ang mga windings inside at magchange ang empedance.

2. Trabaho ng electronic technician yan. electricians do not give much attention to details regarding the individual electronic parts. Tama sya... higpit dito...pihit doon... hinang dito... toktok doon...hehhehehe...

3. Ther is an RC combination near the output section that controls the over-delivery of high frequencies into the speakers, as time goes by... laging mataas ang tweeter level mo, nasusunog or partially nagbabago ang RC values. this causes the amp to trip. At extreme cases... or worst, render your V12 AMP useless.... it can cause the Final transistors to SHORT....

4. Try this: Drop the treeble level to MINIMUM... then try raising the volume with your favorite music... Do this after testing your speakers "GOOd"...
    Thanks for the informative posts Sir. Cannot check the impedance of the speakers pa, but I'll be on it (baklas sidings mode siguro to come weekend). I tried #4 din po, with the sub disconnected walang problem (even if I set the treble level to +12db walang problema actually), once I connect the sub, ayun, protect once the volume level increases.

Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    sa tingin ko may tama na yung subs. baka yung protect ng amp comes from short sa subs since kung nalipat from 3 and 4 to 1 and 2 yung seps walang prob. baka lang naman yung subs is inputting variable power na kaya shut down mode yung amp. suggestion lang boss.

pwede rin yung ground niya, try grounding it by cable jumper to the body. kung mawala yung problem, sand down the points of the grounding kit, baka may corrosion na and wala na contact masyado.

good luck sir.
    Sir verify lang po: problem still exists even after swapping the sub's channel from 3 and 4 to 1 and 2. Although yung variable power seems a possible cause, kasi yung power led ng amp nagfi-flicker everytime the sub attempts to produce the bass.

I went to the battery shop after work. They tested my battery and based from them na mismo, good pa ang battery ko. So the problem is pretty much isolated on the sound system na mismo. I also borrowed some tools from a friend and will be opening the amp before/after work later. Ako na mismo magtotoktok, hinang, palit, at pihit ng piyesa. Hehe

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    You mentioned that:
    "> Although yung variable power seems a possible cause, kasi yung
    > power led ng amp nagfi-flicker everytime the sub attempts to produce the bass."

Maybe what you need is a capacitor:

Use a Huge Capacitor to Sustain Power
    A large capacitor is often used to maintain bass amplifier response.

One of the many goals of aftermarket car audio systems is to create a reverberation that exceeds the boundary of the car, shaking other nearby cars and buildings.
    Car audio enthusiasts have been using capacitors for years
    to make sure their cars go Boom! Boom! without brownouts or voltage sags.
    Bass response is the ability of the subwoofer to reproduce the low-frequency
    bass sounds in music with fidelity.
    One of the problems with subwoofers is that they need a lot of electrical energy to move the large speaker to reproduce the low-frequency bass sound waves. When the bass beat kicks hard, the speaker should instantly slam in response—but often, the car’s battery and electrical system can’t put out enough power to ensure an instant response.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jds View Post
    You mentioned that:
    "> Although yung variable power seems a possible cause, kasi yung
    > power led ng amp nagfi-flicker everytime the sub attempts to produce the bass."

Maybe what you need is a capacitor:

Use a Huge Capacitor to Sustain Power
    A large capacitor is often used to maintain bass amplifier response.

One of the many goals of aftermarket car audio systems is to create a reverberation that exceeds the boundary of the car, shaking other nearby cars and buildings.
    Car audio enthusiasts have been using capacitors for years
    to make sure their cars go Boom! Boom! without brownouts or voltage sags.
    Bass response is the ability of the subwoofer to reproduce the low-frequency
    bass sounds in music with fidelity.
    One of the problems with subwoofers is that they need a lot of electrical energy to move the large speaker to reproduce the low-frequency bass sound waves. When the bass beat kicks hard, the speaker should instantly slam in response—but often, the car’s battery and electrical system can’t put out enough power to ensure an instant response.
    Have a 1.0 farad capacitor installed chief. Kaya nakaka-ewan kung ano problema eh.

UPDATE uli: kaninang lunch break I remembered may amplified na 5.1 surround kami sa lounge sa office na walang gumagamit. Binaklas ko on the spot mula kotse yung sub para itest at nirekta ko sa ampli. Oks naman, buong-buo at bumabayo pa. So either amplifier na lang talaga to or may dagang kumagat sa wiring na naka-konekta sa sub. Wala na akong maisip na possible cause eh. Atat na ako so baka mamaya babaklasin ko na rin yung amp at aalamin na talaga ang problema. Hehehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    You may want to double-check your capacitor and the power source (battery).
    Try to use other battery for testing - just to isolate that.

HTH

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Could you test how many OHMs is your Sub?
    Tama ba sa rated markings?

You have a point to suspect the wires... you can try substituting the wires...

What is (ABC box c/o Jeff Tan)? Is that a dividing netwrk?

Can this box be taken out and connect the subs directly to the amps? baka deffective na yan. and might be causing the overload...

The 1 Farad Cap is a power filter. When the batteries are older than 2y/o, it is possble that yoy already have a weak batt.
    When you have a weak batt, the CAPacitor charges to over 14 volts. If the supply for your V12 is over 14 volts it can cause the trip also. The tripping should happen only while engine is running, kasi that is the only time the alternator give more than 14 volts...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    After 2 days of 12mn to 4am sessions trying to fix it, finally was able to do the following:

1. Replaced bloated caps on the amplifier.
    2. Replaced burnt resistors.
    3. Mounted and connected all the wires.
    4. Sound check...
    5. WORKS!

Aside from the replacements done, I also noticed that there was a bit of masking tape that got caught in between one of the wire of the sub connecting to the amp (each wires were marked kasi and we used masking tapes to wrap it on every wire and indicate where it's supposed to be connected to the amp). It's too small to notice and given that the wires are situated beneath the passenger seat, it was harder even to see given there isn't much lighting available aside from a handy flashlight. Took it out and it seemed to be more of the big reason as to why my caps and resistors got busted after it was just recently fixed by our electrician.

The experience is good though given that I was also able to fine tune the HPF's and LPF's of the amp. Sound clarity is much better and the sub doesn't create too much rattle now with its loud thumping. Overall a very irritating and hassle-filled experience, but all the while worth it. Yeah my sounds are back! Haha

Thanks po for all the advices and help. :D

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Nice Do it yourself trouble shooting problem on your V12 amplifier. This will be a guide if other member encounter this problem . Anyway enjoy the boom boom on your car.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    my v12 trips when i raised the volume my subwoofer is 12"built in amp..pinachek ko na sa electrician wala daw sira subwoofer kasi tinest nya sa battery naka direkta hindi nag trip,pero pag sa kotse ko na lalo na pag umaandar nag trip sya pag raised ko volume.2 weeks old palang battery ko so ok pa sya..and nangyari lang ito nung 6 months old na ung sound system ko ngyon lng nag ganito..ngayon pinapabili ako ng capacitor nung electrician..but many are says di raw need ng capacitor ung V12 na built in amp..pls help me guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
V12 Amp trips when volume's raised