New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    salamat sa mga inputs mga sir. ineenjoy ko na tweeter ko.. sulit na sulit ganda ng sounds..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    4khz for a tweeter? That's pretty high. Most tweeters can play comfortable 3.2khz upwards on a moderate volume level with the more engineered ones going lower especially large-format tweeters which has a more robust voice coil and magnet structure.

The higher your tweeter HPF, the "safer" it is for the driver.

Red_one presented a good post. However, I will remind car audio folks that the only time you damage your speakers - whatever driver it may be is when you drive past its mechanical limits. That's only the direct cause of damage - the others are simply causal relationship. For example, give a subwoofer a 10W clipped frequency, it won't even be damaged even if the waveform has a lot of energy inside. Why? Because the voice coil can take the punishment.On the otherhand, a tweeter with its smallish 1" VC won't.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; July 20th, 2014 at 11:32 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    4khz for a tweeter? That's pretty high. Most tweeters can play comfortable 3.2khz upwards on a moderate volume level with the more engineered ones going lower especially large-format tweeters which has a more robust voice coil and magnet structure.
    Yep, according to Polk Audio website, that's the frequency range of their DB line of tweeters (DB1001). Since I'm looking at ditching the passive crossover unit when I finally go active, I had to read up on how to keep the tweeter as "safe" as possible.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12