New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi guys,

I recently cut the 3.5mm aux wire of my speaker dahil prang may naputol na na wire near sa aux male head. After cutting it and trying to solder it to another Aux wire, I noticed one line is not working. The ground and the middle line is working. I usually connect the aux cable to my phone. I actually can hear the music even if the other line is not working. Does the other line matter? Para ba syang left and right speaker line? then the other one is ground line? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    For stereo sound to come out, you need all three terminals to be working.

These connectors have many names, including 2.5mm headphone plug, stereo plug, etc. Another name for it is the 2.5mm TRS plug, for Tip, Ring, and Sleeve.

Tip = Left channel
    Ring = Right channel
    Sleeve = Ground

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    For stereo sound to come out, you need all three terminals to be working.

These connectors have many names, including 2.5mm headphone plug, stereo plug, etc. Another name for it is the 2.5mm TRS plug, for Tip, Ring, and Sleeve.

Tip = Left channel
    Ring = Right channel
    Sleeve = Ground
    So looks like the right channel is not working. Although tinitignan ko pa baka right front and speakers talaga yung hindi gumagana.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Realtek audio manager not showing that particular connector folder.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydi12345 View Post
    Hi guys,

I recently cut the 3.5mm aux wire of my speaker dahil prang may naputol na na wire near sa aux male head. After cutting it and trying to solder it to another Aux wire, I noticed one line is not working. The ground and the middle line is working. I usually connect the aux cable to my phone. I actually can hear the music even if the other line is not working. Does the other line matter? Para ba syang left and right speaker line? then the other one is ground line? Thanks.
    i am facing the issue of hearing sounds from my laptop even if i plugged my earphones.

jiofi.local.html tplinklogin is it down