New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hello There!

I have a 2002 Honda Civic and I would like to setup its sound system. I like the music to be a little bit louder but with good and distinct bass. I have a Kenwood HU. I may use my stock speakers first then add up an AMP that can drive 12" Subwoofer (does this sound right?!) Any recommendations on my setup? Anything else should I add here? Is this the wrong way to go? Please advise. I'm a beginner when it comes to this stuff but I really want my car to sound cool. Thanks a lot! Hope to hear from the sound masters and experts in this forum.

I AM KAL-EL

ano ba gusto mo set up? SQ o SPL?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_kal-el View Post
    Hello There!

I have a 2002 Honda Civic and I would like to setup its sound system. I like the music to be a little bit louder but with good and distinct bass. I have a Kenwood HU. I may use my stock speakers first then add up an AMP that can drive 12" Subwoofer (does this sound right?!) Any recommendations on my setup? Anything else should I add here? Is this the wrong way to go? Please advise. I'm a beginner when it comes to this stuff but I really want my car to sound cool. Thanks a lot! Hope to hear from the sound masters and experts in this forum.
    First of all dapat alam mo yung hinahanap mo na sound( malakas o clarity) kung malakas kuha ka ng 400w na sub put it on a ported box then power it with a 600watt amp! then the seperates will be unheard to this try to get a 100 or higher wattage ng seperates ang power it by a 150 to 200watt 4 chanel amp ewan ko lang kung di ka pa masiyahan nyan!!!

and kung clarity namn handa ka ng budjet mo for the amp and drivers the focals will do it for you!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my rule of thumb is to spend most of my budget on speakers, then amplification, then signal

speakers are what makes or breaks your system. all the fancy HU features and watts of power in the world don't mean a thing if they are coming out of your speakers without the proper clarity and range.

if you are going piece-by-piece, i would do:

1. the best speakers (separates) you can afford in the front
    2. some decent coaxials in the back for rear fill
    3. amplifier --> if you really want SQ and SPL at the same time you will end up spending a lot of money hooking them up in series...otherwise, kung SQ there are plenty of amps to be had at a reasonable cost that put out nice clean power.
    4. subwoofers (also best you can afford - if you want a system that will win SQL shootouts you again will have to spend a ton of money and give up your entire trunk space)
    5. head unit

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mga bossing salamat sa mga suggestions nyo.. madame ako natutunan... napa-setup ko na nga pala yung sounds ng auto ko... galeng ako sa shop ni boss Jeff Tan ng Araneta Car Accessoriess... nagpatulong ako sa kanya... kahapon lang hehehe... bale I got a Kenwood HU, Targa separates w/ tweeters as my front speakers, then a 1000W Kenwood ampli and a 12" W3 JL Audio subwoofer (boxed na). Wala na kong speakers sa rear.. dinisable na yung stock rear speakers ko. Okay naman yun tunog nya... more on clarity kasi gusto ko not loudness. Tipong malinaw yung boses and yung sounds tapos ramdam mo ng konti yun bayo ng bass oks na yun. Kung balak ko magupgrade ayus lang ba na may rear speakers? I've read some articles na hindi good practice yung may rear speakers pa... kumbaga pampalakas nalang sya sa volume... oks ba na lagyan ko ng ampli yung front speakers ko? Para saan ba yung filter or crossover? Importante rin ba yun?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ok lang kung mayroon o walang rear speakers. Its merely there to provide rear fill. Music must come from the front. Like when you are in a concert, the performer is infront of you.

Amplifying the signal to your front speakers will definitly improve your system. Is your current amp only connected to your sub?

Crossovers are there to seperate the sound. Its job is to make sure only bass will go to your sub. Highs will go to the tweeters and midrange to the mids. This is to protect your speakers. If sub enters tour tweeters, it will most likely blow. Most seps are sold with passive crossovers. Some HU have xovers as features, same with a lot of amps.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i understand it better now... opo sir, ung amp ko connected lang sa subwoofer kasi 2-channels lang yun eh... ah so i dont need to worry about getting crossovers since meron na pala ung seps ko hehehe.. sorry po wala po talaga akong alam.. kaya nga po pinasetup ko nalang dun sa Araneta ung sounds ko... gusto ko lang po kasi malaman yung "the works" para in case mag-upgrade ako and para rin naman hindi ako innocente when it comes to the basics of setting up car audio systems... so ganun na nga lang po gagawin ko.. ill get amps for my front seps... keep the rears disabled... thanks you po sir ng marami... more power!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    congrats sa new set up sir drive safe!!!

Tips in setting up SPL/SQ car audio system (for newbies)