New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Suggestion for new Radio (or video system) for my Toyota Corolla 1.6 GLi

I know I know, very old car. Would love your suggestions what can I use to replace my current cassette tape system. LOL.

Preferred is like a tablet or video player with radio. But I assume its not good because it will block aircon?

See attachment for my current radio :D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails toyota-corolla-1.6-gli-radio.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sofiacutie View Post

I know I know, very old car. Would love your suggestions what can I use to replace my current cassette tape system. LOL.

Preferred is like a tablet or video player with radio. But I assume its not good because it will block aircon?

Maybe you can let us know your budget? Check out thethe Alpine IVA-D800E. It contains all the multimedia needs you want. It has great features for tuning. But it cost P62,000.

For more options, you can try visiting Mickey's Autosound | Because we love car audio.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Online Shop Quad Core Android 5.1 HD 1 din 7" Universal Car audio Car dvd gps With Car PC 3G WIFI Radio Bluetooth IPOD TV DVR Built-in 16GB|Aliexpress Mobile

Single DIN android lollipop 5.1 quadcore HD player. Everything u wanted for less than 20k.

I have the 2 DIN versions.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sofiacutie View Post

yespo. it will block your aircon.
    your DIN 1 dashboard space seems to be limiting your choices. being an older car, i don't know if there is a readily available "adaptor" that you can use, to house the larger space a DIN 2-type video screen will need, without having to hack into the dash....
    i used to have a DIN 1-size HU whose face is as large as yours is. the screen monitor would slide out and click into place... i hated that design! it took forever! to others, however, it may be acceptable enough. fortunately for my car, the HU was much lower under the aircon vents, and the screen did not block it.
    an option would to be to attach the monitor screen to the top of your sloping dash. (personally, i don't like it, either.) or to have an adaptor to mount the HU much lower under the dash. just close your eyes as they cut into the dash...
    or, you can choose to just close the middle vents everytime you use the monitor. lalakas naman ang side vents, e.
    good luck.

btw... to some people, "the older, the better".. anyone can walk into a showroom and drive away with the newest. there's no fun in that.
    anyone who has had to work for his ride, knows that there's no such thing as "luma na", that one has to apologize for it.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 1st, 2016 at 09:51 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Probably you cannot get a head unit with flip-displays since it would block the aircon vents as you said

There are Pioneer/Alpine models with USB and Aux input, and RCA outputs for around 4-5k IIRC including installation. Sabay mo na upgrade ng other components (speakers, an amp and sub) para isang labor and puntahan na lang, dito mo na lang ilagay yung funds mo for a video-capable head unit.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pede mo gawin tanggalin mo yung 2DIN box mo right above the cup holders and dun mo lagay, mas madali pa gamitin kasi tapat lang ng kambyo. Then yang 1DIN slot ang gawin mong bulsa.

As for your question on what HU to get, pasensya na di na kasi ako updated, i'd think pioneer/alpine would have a number of models, pero like EQAddict mentioned, mas marami ka na options ngayon with the android HU's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thanks sientobente, nice suggestion, would love that, but yeah, too much. half the price of my car. haha.

Thanks EQAddict, i think I don't want to block my aircon, I might have to stick with a system without the video board.
    Will browse your site though. Hope you have great reviews from tsikot members :D

Thanks for the info dr. d.

ParticleX yes, I think i would have to go with that route. as long as pasok sa budget. Checking Pioneer/Alpine suppliers now. Any suggestions?

L1quid. oo nga. tama. pwede rin, pero malupit lupit na customization ba gagawin? biyak talaga ng dashboard?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Walang bibiyakin dyan, lipat lang ng pwesto yan. Ang pinkamahirap na siguro dyan ay magsource ng 1DIN box kung gusto mo pa din may bulsa sa dash, otherwise pede naman takpan nalang ng speaker grills yung maiiwan na 1DIN opening.

Ganun ginawa ko sakin dati. That was nung di pa uso touchscreens. What i had were 2 units, 1DIN size each, an Alpine stereo headunit and a separate EQ processor.

Pero about 13 yrs later bumalik ako sa 1DIN and put everything back to it's original location. Ok na naman kasi mga 1DIN HU's ngayon and i didn't need it to have video and touch.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    sure, there are couples of such Radio Video system in the market, I will recommend the seicane Corolla Android 5.0.1 GPS Navigation System with 1024*600 touchscreen Bluetooth Radio OBD2 DVR Rearview camera TV 1080P 4G WIFI Steering Wheel Control Mirror link CPU Quad Core,would you like to take a look at it? Hope it is helpful to you.
    333 ,Car DVD GPS On Sale , Seicane.com