The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    agree. but I'll never use it again.

so I was hoping someone might find it useful
    I keep mo nalang.
    If you plan to sell your car, install back the stock unit.
    Malaki chance mabenta pa yung replacement AVT unit mo sa marketplace.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    I replaced my defective head unit with a basic one, from a similar vehicle. Nagrereset yung settings everytime and naiinis ako saving my stations and resyncing bluetooth at startup. Nag upgrade yung pinagbilhan ko.

Nabenta ko pa yung defective ng mas mahal sa pinagpalitan. Took pictures na working pa. I DIY'ed lang and alam ko magbaklas ng panels, the connectors are just plug and play. Yung nakabili ng unit ko nasira din ang head unit niya. Sinabi ko naman yung sira.

Kung ibigay mo ng libre I can take it Pwede ko gawing workshop stereo
    talking from out of my hat,

some (older?) HUs might have an inside battery, so's the presets won't disappear when the engine is turned off.
    this internal battery might be dead and need replacement.

other HUs have a connection to the battery that does not pass thru the ignition switch. this is the type where the presets are lost when the car battery is disconnected.
    my guess is, someone forgot to re-attach the wire, or the connection is bad...

and yes,
    "keep the old HU.
    when time to sell the car, the prospective buyer will probably want the stock HU.
    i know i will.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 30th, 2022 at 12:04 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    update ko lang...

nabenta ko na nung weekend. may biglang nag message na malapit lang sa amin na willing makipag-meet asap.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I have an OEM BMW E46 Stock Head unit for sale. Kindly PM me if interested. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12