New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    hello good day guys..i have many questions to ask and hope you guys could help..my set up in my assembled wrangler is 2 6x9 speakers in the rear 2 speakers in the dash and one 12 inch kicker subwoofer in the rear..i have a pioneer HU and V12 4 channel amp..Im currently having my wrangler repainted and im planning to rework my sound set up..What is a component setup? should i go with this set up?would it be clearer than using 6x9 speakers?im planning to use my head unit since its still brand new and my 12 inch subwoofer im planning to replace my amplifier and maybe my 6x9 speakers..do you guys have any suggestions?what set up should i use?i like to have good bass and good mids and highs not just bass.would greatly appreciate your inputs..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjip View Post
    hello good day guys..i have many questions to ask and hope you guys could help..my set up in my assembled wrangler is 2 6x9 speakers in the rear 2 speakers in the dash and one 12 inch kicker subwoofer in the rear..i have a pioneer HU and V12 4 channel amp..Im currently having my wrangler repainted and im planning to rework my sound set up..What is a component setup? should i go with this set up?would it be clearer than using 6x9 speakers?im planning to use my head unit since its still brand new and my 12 inch subwoofer im planning to replace my amplifier and maybe my 6x9 speakers..do you guys have any suggestions?what set up should i use?i like to have good bass and good mids and highs not just bass.would greatly appreciate your inputs..
    Just a suggestion If your planning to change your 6x9 speaker .Get a two way seperates called also as component depend on yor budget Brand like EXAMPLE: focal. HERTZ, MOREL, more expensive than TARGA some use for competition set-up. PIONEER HEAD UNIT , V12 4channel to power your 12 inch subwoofer . One more power amp to power the seperates. Or use the V12 4channel amp you have. Use a horn or T Line design of subwoofer box . This set-up give you a LOUD and CLEAR. Hope this help.

3. Join Date
    May 2007

First of all, a music w/o a bass are null, something is missing on every detail. Too much bass are annoying too, just like banging a gong on a closed thight room.

Two way 6x9 speakers are excellent choice its a combination of midrange and tweeter. Hook them up on a 4 channel amp 1 and 2 for your speakers and bridge channel 3 and 4 for your sub then power up your two front speakers w/ your less power head unit. If your ear start itching more on much detailed add 2 way amp for the front speakers.

What is a component?
    There are two diff. kind of components. A component system generally consists of a woofer, a tweeter, and a crossover. If you just bought the tweeter or the woofer alone, then that would be a component.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    sir v6dreamer what u described in the 2nd paragraph is exactly how my setup is now..but my my 6x9's are 3 way should i replace with 2 way?and maybe switch to higher quality 6x9's?

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    sir v6dreamer what u described in the 2nd paragraph is exactly how my setup is now..but my my 6x9's are 3 way should i replace with 2 way?and maybe switch to higher quality 6x9's?
    1) 2 way has a Tweeter(treble) to produce high frequency and a woofer to produce low frequency(bass)
    2) 3 way has a Tweeter(treble) to produce high frequency and a woofer to produce low frequency(bass) and a Mid range speaker to deliver middle freq giving a complete audio output.

Both the 3 way and 2 way speakers are great generally have a cross over network to split to different speakers. So the choice is yours. Again, the longer listening your music the more you want push the limit cause your ear starts itching for more. So be aware when buying stuff dont rush yourself make note and do a lot of homework to avoid common mistake. Car Stereo gear are expensive and its not a joke.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    thank you for your info sir...i guess ill just upgrade my 6x9's to a little higher quality..1,800 lng kasi bili ko sknya..pero pioneer cya..mga sir one last question sorry for my ignorance pwede ba gamitin ang usb cable ng i pod to connect it to a stereo with usb port?

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    thank you for your info sir...i guess ill just upgrade my 6x9's to a little higher quality..1,800 lng kasi bili ko sknya..pero pioneer cya..mga sir one last question sorry for my ignorance pwede ba gamitin ang usb cable ng i pod to connect it to a stereo with usb port?
    Maybe, wire's are design for one thing but they are not created equal. Remember that a car are conductive all around and wire's using in the house are non-conductive. If a wire's are not made for its purpose its susceptible to magnetic enterference. Plug and play, if you hear too much noise on the wire's, change it or wrap it w/ mu metal foil.

sound set up questions