New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    I'm quite amazed at how much the XPLOD series gets bashed in the Phil... I'm pretty certain that there aren't really that many USERS who made the reviews.

I've listened to XPLOD systems in demo cars, car shows etc and they're very decent for what you're getting (brand, price, warranty), and it's absurd for me to read more negative "reviews" by non-users about a well established entry level XPLOD series while hearing overblown praises on entry level Targas, for example. I know Targas are very decent, but far from being great, yet the bias is quite strong.

In addition, why compare a consumer brand to dedicated brands? Heck, even MB Quart entry level speakers are relative crap if you factor in the price and the name.
    I salute you for this very fair comment theveed. Actually i opened this topic and raised the question because in many forums that i've visited, many people (even non users) villified Sony Xplod and am quite bothered because as I've said my set up was pratically Xplod except for the HU. No offense to other people who responded negatively to Sony Xplod but I believe theveed was right.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    drunkenmaster - IMO, if you can base your choice for your next set of seps by listening to the actual model for yourself. If it is possible for the shop to test it in your car then so much the better.

I used to rely on reviews too but then I learned via the hard way that in the end, it really depends on who is listening. I learned that what may sound crap to some maybe be heaven to others so it really depends on YOU as the user to determine the right sound you want - not what is popular or more expensive.

Thanks Memphis Raines.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    kudos to theveed!

i too am perturbed with the way Xplod are being bashed over and over, mainly i think...because of the media hype that it got from fart and the not soo furious movie, i for one am using an Xplod HU and im by far contented with it(.) not too mention that it's cheap aswell, as for the speakers, well...some are decent enough, subs...i like 'em fine, unless i have an insanely huge amount of dough i'd go for JL Audio(but of course!)...sabi nga nila, to each his own...Xplod haters, you do the math

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    imo, nothing beats the audiomobile headunit na nabibili sa raon (usb, aux in, cd/mp3, [yung iba dvd ready pa] mmc slot), for only Php 3,200 (presyo nung nabili ko yung sakin, ewan ko lang ngayon) and macrom speakers at the back and macrom with tweeters at front. my 6,000+ SQ setup sounds like a 12,000 - 20,000 SQ setup

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I am still a satisfied owner of a 7-year old Sony Xplod HU. It comes with a CD-MP3 player. It has made a lot of difference in the sound quality of my stock speakers on a couple of our vans. Its 52W x 4 setup and its 3-point megabass setting still amazes me.

I recently bought another Sony Xplod HU (GT470?) and I am planning to install this in one of our vehicles over the weekend. I have high expectations on this unit, based on my experience with its older brother. It now comes with a USB input and an AUX in. I grew tired of carrying a lot of MP3 CDs when we travel, so I might as well use the huge capacity that is being offered by flash drives and MP3/Cellphone players....

6303:fetch:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sir tanong ko lang yung mga MB quart po before di na same quality tulod ng mga new products ng mb quart?

kasi i'm using mb quart seps na nabili ko way back 1990 pa yung made in germany pa until now buhay pa naman

diba mga mb quart now mae in china na?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Garbage?

Akin nalang kung tatapon mo.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in my opinion, they're not the best for the money. but that's just my opinion from having listened to them, but that opinion is not worth more than anyone else's who may have auditioned them and loved them.

i think too many people are brand snobs. they find out that the most expensive, hottest brand is Focal or Mark Levinson and suddenly, everything more mainstream than that is garbage and those people who "waste" their money on those brands are all idiots

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    may 1 pair ako ng sony xplod na 6 inch speaker .. ok naman ang performance but IMO the stock pioneer speakers perform muchbetter.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ok naman ang sony xplod na HU, maganda quality ng tunog nya.. 2 na xplod ko na HU, ung isa may graphics, ung isa naman mex-1gp, my built-in memory na sya, connect mo lng sa pc or laptop, drag ka lng ng mga fave songs mo, panalo na.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Is Sony Xplod A Garbage?