New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by bado13 View Post
    i once used focal access on stock HU without amp.. it sounded waay better than the stock speakers on my fuego.. although kulang sobra mid range but it worked for me since the fuego was hella-noisy.. so i wasnt willing to spend a lot on it.

i think i got it for less than 10k.

is the montero noisy? maybe it would be a better "investment" to deaden the doors and/or floor?
    Not noisy compared to other suvs. The only sound I hear is the diesel engine running when there's no music playing. Otherwise, ambient noise is minimal, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Nah, wheels and rims of the Monty's size (22 inchers ba yan?) and just spending 100k is sulit. Hell, those can cost more if they're of an excellent brand.

Meron naman dyan mga wheel persons and sound persons eh Like I wouldn't mind spending 150k on sounds, but I'd never even think of investing the same amount in replacing my stock wheels.
    I was never into cars before but my dad gave me 1.5M to buy a car so I used what was left over to buy 20" Lenso mags, tires (traded in my stock tires), LCD headrest monitors, an aftermarket grill, paint protection, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick50 View Post
    If you have 100K for wheels and tires, you should go see Mickey's Autosound. LMAO.
    Wish I could, dude. You can mock me all you want but I just don't have the money for it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick50 View Post
    The HU of the 2011 Montero Sport is integrated with the 7" touch screen. If you replace it, you will lose the ability to access gps, tire pressure, backup camera and etc. Sucks! I wanted to replace the HU as soon as I saw it.

Tsikot shop has a sweet promo for 13K. Very impressed how low they can offer sep, amp and sub including installation.
    I feel for you. The HU GPS is great but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Haha, no worries. Best tip I can offer is that changing from stock to aftermarket yields the best difference. Going from a 60k to a 100k sound budget yields less results (law of diminishing return talaga sa car audio).

The problem in getting an amplifier is that it adds misc. expenses like wiring, labor, etc. unless you like it DIY.

Bit of a tough decision, personally, I'd stretch the budget to something like 20k. And I do like Targa and Ryan Audio rather than A/D/S (but that's me). SQ-wise, I think the new Dominations aren't bad. Very warm off the bat though so it's not my cup of tea (I prefer detailed and dynamic) but it's proven its worth in helping having Team DSD (Dominations-Sands-Danish) win 6 trophies at the latest EMMA.

Right now, I think if you can resist knowing that your speakers isn't unleashing its full potential, get a Morel Maximo. Should set you back around 5-6k. I'd recommend a Tempo 6 at 8k but at that level, you would REALLY need an amplifier if not it'll sound just like any other 5k speaker. Then save for a decent amplifier if you want more. IMO, allocate 6k for it for a 2-channel mini amp wouldn't be bad at all (amps that are in my mind is Dominations Atoms actually.. 2x100W I believe)
    You seem like one of the smarter ones here in Tsikot. Yup, I think I'll take your advice and stretch it to 20k. Might have to wait till the end of the month though.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you can stretch your budget to 20K contact Nogs of Candyshop. Tel# Tel#413-7902 Nogs(09228866449) His shop is located in Banawe and he does excellent work. His Firland and Powerbass packages are exactly 20K and are a good deal.

Another good shop in Banawe is Jetcar. Dont know their phone no.

In araneta Ave, a popular budget car audio shop is Araneta Car Accessoiries.

I have not tried tsikotshop, but from his posts, he seems to know his stuff.

If you are willing to invest the time and money into car audio. I will suggest Quest Audio in Scout Boromeo. He does competition level systems. He can do it one item at a time. So you dont get hit with a big cash outlay. So change speakers 1st, then add an amp and so on.

Just remember, in car audio, the install is as important as the equipment. A good installer can make enrty level equipment sound good. WHile a bad install can make competition level equipment sound like tin cans.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Take userfriendly's advice wisely due to the "diminishing returns" of sound audio, it was even said that car audio is "90% installation 10% speakers"

I think right now, the most famous installer in Banawe is Candyshop. Lagi may customer.. just passed by now, sa garahe nila merong bronze Civic. Anu kaya pinapagawa kay Nogs? Tapos na ata i10 ni Kyle. Bigat ng beyma tweets nun.

I'd also suggest C3 Car Audio. Not sure kung nagbago sila but they're the place-to-go yun mga 2005. The thing I like with Banawe is that, due to competition, haggling is quite easy.

Just came back from Perfect Circle Banawe (near E. Rod side). Sayang wala si Benedict so I can't directly haggle with him. Planning to buy a JBL MS-8 from them, from the looks of it, successful naman haggle ko.

Based on brands (pagbudget):
    Jeff Tan's Araneta Car Accessories - Targa, Ryan Audio
    Candyshop - Firland, Powerbass, Dominations (Recommended if you like warm sounds)
    Tsikotshop is mainly A/D/S

On my preference, I like the Dominations at a budget and Powerbass for the amps. Don't forget installation and wirings.. those are often "hidden" costs for car audio newbies. Especially if you start playing with the big boys like JC Car Audio or Mickey's Auto Sounds.. hell, custom A-pillars would cost you around 13,000php na sa Mickeys eh (if memory serves me right)
    Last edited by jhnkvn; April 11th, 2011 at 07:30 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Good day! Do you have any idea what brand of stock speakers are installed on the 2015 Mitsubishi Montero? Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by semikal View Post
    Good day! Do you have any idea what brand of stock speakers are installed on the 2015 Mitsubishi Montero? Thanks!
    Generic brand. I believe it uses same stock speaker as Mitsubishi ASX.

Last edited by red_one; November 2nd, 2015 at 04:36 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *double post*
    Last edited by red_one; November 2nd, 2015 at 04:26 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    i there id like to ask why theres a rattling/humming background sound whenever stream BT music using the stock HU of the MS 2011.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Simple Audio Setup for Montero Sport 2011