New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You PM Jedi for Tsikot.com store inquiries. He will be more than happy to assist you.

Medyo malapit kasi sakin ang Raon at Banawe so I usually browse there.

As for the monitor. I just use it to keep juvenile passengers quiet or to listen to TV shows on the road. There is a monitor off mode wherein only the audio part of the TV broadcasts are utilized.

My pal who bought the Php3,500 head unit from Raon also has no interest in car audio. He just wanted something to play his SD card and iPod on. We were surprised that the product is quite good for the price.

Bumbay, Hapon, Aleman, I really don't care. So long as functional and the price and quality are right. Hindi po audiophile grade ang tenga ko.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Actually, you shouldn't be too scared of Banawe. The beauty of it is that most people know each other there so even a simple "saan ba pwede bumili ng headunit?" and they'll refer you to nearby shops.

You can opt for unknown brands or you can go for the usual Pioneer and Alpine head units. I believe that Pioneer has released so many products that you're bound to find one for your taste. Hell, magkamukha pa nga sila sobra that I have a hard time differentiating. It's your choice whether to risk buying cheaper but unknown products versus reputable but more expensive head units.

Aftermarket head units (especially those from Alpine, Pioneer, Eclipse, etc.) are better sounding versus, let's say, a stock Hyundai head unit. Stock head units tend to have factory pre-set equalizer settings (ex. Chevrolet has "bass boost" in the past I believe) and are limited in frequencies to protect the stock factory stereo (ex. your stock midbass can't go up to 60hz so the head unit doesn't bother processing it anymore). What aftermarket head units have is a flat EQ and full-range frequencies. Another benefit is better internal components.

More expensive aftermarket head units have heaps of features for the audiophile. Processing, time alignment, etc. but you wouldn't really need these. Fellow tsikoteers have already given reputable shops in Banawe like C3, Candyshop (kanila Nogs :D), Maspro, Jetcar, Goldcars malapit Serenitea, etc. You might want to drop by Perfect Circle too since they're the distributor of Alpine products in the Philippines.

Q: "Will I hear a difference between stock versus aftermarket head units?"
    A: You will hear a difference but it isn't much. It's to the point of bordering "no difference" if you aren't really used to critical listening. So focus on the features rather.

And to rest your fears, most Banawe shops offer re-installation if any issue arises naman so don't worry much about it.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    *OTEP

sa totoo lang malayo ako sa Banawe kasi taga makati ako. Just want to buy there because I heard they had various products at the cheapest prices. Ingat lang daw sa mga bumbay, hapon, etc. haha.

And oh yes that is one more feature I want. IPod ready I'll probably buy from tsikot store once I have my first pay day since most are saying it can beat banawe prices. Thanks po!

*jhnkvn
    (side comment, ang pogi ng ride niyo sir Sonata! drooool :>)

Ill probably go with pioneer since I also heard (from banawe people) that they have the most accessible service stations in PH (for warranty purposes). And alpine is quite expensive. Also, I'm quite an audiophile, I am able to detect even the slightest difference in sound. haha. Naiinis nga ako kapag yung speaker ng Vios ko nag vivibrate na kasi lakas ng BASS. Will opt to get pionner Head Unit i guess then upgrade my speakers later on.

Salamat sa lahat ng input mga sir! I will make a list of these reputable stores just in case I go to Banawe, but as of now, might as well try the Tsikot shop since most comments suggests doing so. (I hope they have warranty)

My questions have been fully answered! Thank you tsikoteers and I hope may iba ring natulungan ang mga inquiries ko! Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    any updates kung ano nabili mo and saan ka nakabili?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by african888 View Post
    any updates kung ano nabili mo and saan ka nakabili?
    lakasan mo bro, di ka nya nadidinig sa lakas ng bagong sound system nya....nyahaha...jk.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Try evangelista also, dun ko nabili sa autogard yung deh-1150mp ko for 4k mga 2 yrs ago...

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Sa Evangelista may mga mura nga din daw, though I am not that familiar with the stores.

As for the shops in Banawe, I buy my items kay Jetcar, C3, Ginza but first time ko makipag transact kay Blueline... All I cna say is grabe yung price niya, UNBEATABLE!!!

I got a brandnew Pioneer AVH-3250DVD. It has the Pioneer Phils. warranty sticker seal of the box, in and out serial number (not bumbay unit) and installation was clean. Mervin (the owner) is very good to deal with, I got the AVH-3250DVD for only 13K free install. It was really a BANG FOR THE BUCK!

The shop is very near Phil Orthopedic. He has other items for sale too that are dirt cheap.

note: I am not related to the owner, I am just one happy costumer who wants to share the experience.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    any comments on CDR king HUs? meron sila 2.5k,dvd/usb/aux

9. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    If you are more daring, you can try to go to Raon. That's where we bought my friend's head unit for Php3,500SRP (he paid less kasi nakatawad pa siya). Can play DVD's (has a video out for the headrest/ceiling mount monitor), MP3, has iPOD capability, SD card, Aux-in, etc.
    It won't win any sound off competitions, but for the price, my pal is satisfied. If I had excess cash lying around, I'd get one for our ambulance also.

Doc, looks like the one your friend bought in Raon and the one being sold in CD-R King is the same. Rebranded lang??? They exactly look the same. ...
    CD-R King Unit

CDR KING

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12