New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    The touchscreen of the AVT HU installed in my 2011 Montero has become defective. I asked an estimate for its repair with the distributor (Winterpine) & they are charging at the minimum 5K exclusive of labor. Does anybody know where else can I go for its repair?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Pareho tayo ng naging problema,hanap din ako ng repair shop beside Winterpine to no avail,so no choice,but get them repair my HU for 6250 labor/materials(touchscreen/sensor)ayoko na kasi ng May babaguhin pa sa mga wiring or harness ng kotse,pero if ever ,wag naman sana,hanap na Lang ako ng HU nana compatible sa present set up,hth
    Quote Originally Posted by green eagle View Post
    The touchscreen of the AVT HU installed in my 2011 Montero has become defective. I asked an estimate for its repair with the distributor (Winterpine) & they are charging at the minimum 5K exclusive of labor. Does anybody know where else can I go for its repair?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Winterpine is the only authorized distributor of AVT products in the Philippines. So if you want it official, you should go to them. If not, maybe some other electronic repair shops? I'm pretty sure meron yun mga dyan dyan lang

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    What is the exact defect? Maybe you can bring the HU to Philsales Banawe/Wilson Lim or try Love Electronics. I'll try Wilson first, because he is known to be Mr. Fix-it-everything among car clubs. Sayang nasa abroad na si Peter Lee/EE Pro Audio, isa din sa magaling sa electronics repair.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    What is the exact defect? Maybe you can bring the HU to Philsales Banawe/Wilson Lim or try Love Electronics. I'll try Wilson first, because he is known to be Mr. Fix-it-everything aumong car clubs. Sayang nasa abroad na si Peter Lee/EE Pro Audio, isa din sa magaling sa electronics repair.
    f

The left side of the screen's controls or sensors no longer respond to touch. This disables use of some of the functions for every mode of the unit located on the left screen.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try Wilson. I'll post here later the course of action I decided to make.