New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

I just got an RCA DRC630N Portable 7" DVD Player (here is the specs : http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_t...terid=21149775) from my sis sa Hawaii and I like it due to low price, excellent screen quality and 2 screens at may games pa.... problem is that I forgot to tell my sis to get an Multiregion...

Question is, can this be reprogram to be Multi-Region? If yes, how and where? and how much do you think?

Thank
    Luke

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    alam ko kaya yan.

try mo sa Raon.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RCA and TCL are of the same company yata...try to visit the TCL service center....yung Samsung DVD player nung kakilala ko kinombert ng service center technician to multi region sa halagang P500...priced as "kayo na pong bahala" pa yun...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    You could also try searching http://www.videohelp.com for a DVD player hack that would work with your player. This is where I found one for my Philips DVP5100K DVD/DivX Player - a few button presses on the remote and my player became region free. :D

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I didn't find any hack on those sites... Is RCA really handeled by TCL?

I will try to call TCL.

Thanks
    Luke

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    P're, I also got the same stuff on sale from bestbuy. Didn't bother to have it converted though as it plays VCDs well enough... which my son and wife are content with. OK na rin yung game console... and by the way you can buy other plug'nplay game consoles in toy kingdom.

Yes, TCL is the counterpart of RCA in this part of the world.
    Last edited by RafRaf; October 3rd, 2006 at 03:53 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

Yup, ganun na nga lang ginagawa namin ngayon... vcd muna... ganda sana kung maconvert....

Thanks
    Luke

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    pirates ka muna bro. yung portable dvd ko kaya ng pirated and region 1, di pede original region 3s.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies, no need to convert na... Tested it again with pirates DVD and it can read.. the last time I checked, I tested 2 dvds, one is my son favorite, cartoons 8-in-1, and another single dvd, and upon reading the manual it says dvd region 1 only, and an idiot me, not tried testing again for different cds, and just played with vcds, which it played nicely.. then after the last post on this thread, I tried testing my other DVDs, and gotcha! it works, only those with single movie dvds are working, not those with multiple movies... the other one I tried before, have scratches... that is why it is not being played...

so, thanks again.

Regards,
    Luke

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka region 3 yun ayaw mag play. conversion to a multi region player from a single could be as easy as pushing a combination of buttons sa remote. minsan you need to "strap" or short something sa connectors sa pcb. try to search the web under dvd player hack.

Region 1 DVD Player can be Set to multi Region?