New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    this is quite a mouthful...but it's the best definition of "clipping" i've seen so far.

Clipping may be heard in loudspeakers as an abnormal, non-musical sound. It is unpleasant and it may damage speakers (with tweeters being particularly susceptible). This occurs because a speaker cannot produce the flat-topped waveform sent to it by the clipping amplifier.
    ....so could this be my problem? but jeff tan installed a 2 channel 300W amp just to power my seps (i think this already more than enough), yun nga lang luma na na nakatambak lang dun. also. its grounded to one of the bolts sa seat railing. is there a better part of the car to ground it? im afraid to dismantle the tweets altogether dahil baka di ko mabalik ng maayos.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    if you're running 300W, very unlikely ho na clipping yan, unless you have a defective amp. tsaka yung sound ho ng clipping is not "popping", it's usually "distorted" or "breaking-up" sounds.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....hmmmm, madala na nga sa shop before i invest in a better amp. tnx FXT for the input.

....what if i ditch the amp right now (til i get a better one), and let my HU (5750mp) do the work. mabibitin lang kaya ako sa tunog?
    Last edited by scarab; January 22nd, 2006 at 08:18 AM.

scarab: re: grounding - it doesn't need to be bare metal, even a painted surface will do... make sure that its clean.

Don't ditch the amp, bitin na bitin yan, try taking off the tweeters and see how it sounds, if it doesn't have any problems then its not your amps, it could be the wiring. Also check the gain settings it might be too high. Good luck

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to swap a good amp to yours. sabi mo nakatambak na yun amp mo so i suppose i was not use for a lng time. my best bet is that there are some leaking capacitors in the amp.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....actually im in the hunt for a good 2nd hand SQ amp kaso sobrang limited budge ko. anywayz, someone told me a bad amp may ruin my seps; is it also true that it may also eventually damage my HU? medyo dun ako natakot eh.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....mga bro! ganun pa rin after switching the tweets nag-pa-pop pa rin sa left side (so di tweets problema). minsan biglang lalakas pa tunog.

....checked the RCA connectors, ok naman. wirings seem to be clean and connected well sa passive xover. sa amp na kaya yun?

....arggghh! sarap pa naman pakinggan yung bagong CD ni anton ramos (sisters of the sun) pag SQ kaso that sudden popping is annoying!

Its either the tweets or the Amp. Try to borrow an amplifier from a friend and test it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
...popping sound coming from the tweets.