New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Hey guys! im just a newbie to the whole sounds thing so please bear with me. Im about to buy a new system for my honda SIR. i want SQ with a lil bit oomph. For now, im lookin around for some seperates. My budget is 20-30k MAX.. Im considering focals, peerless, DLS, and dynaudio.

I know your going to tell me to audition different systems but i want your opinion based on experience.

And yea, i usually listen to acoustics, alternative and chill out. rnb sometimes.

Please post your opinions, the price of the systems you would recomend, and where can i get them(contact #s would be appreciated). If you have slightly used units..lemme know! yung mga maguupgrade

Thanks to anyone who replies! God bless!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with a 20K-30K budget, you'll have many options.

the problem with this hobby is that its very subjective, your clarity with a little omph for you maybe harsh to others or a little weak on others.

best thing is to audition

where? KAC (kotse audio club) sound off, some wherein the forums are sound off dates,
    also check out there site. some members here are members there

some peeps are good in the biz like intenz, db audio and many more.

others are DIY babies (do it yourself) like glennster.

30K is big amount of money, so spend it wisely on gears you really like.

==========
    that being said a simple sq set up FOR MY TASTE would be

mb quarts seps fronts
    8-10 inch sub
    v12 or fenton amp.
    and lastly Quality CDs
    eto minsan ang nalilimutan. better source better music.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    errrr... 20-30k for seps alone or for the whole system? if for the seps lang, i suggest DLS up6 or focals. crisp na crisp ang highs with very warm mids if you ask me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    For the seps.. Where can i buy the focals or the DLS for the best price? i went to the DLS website and they have two versions..the up6 and the ur6..how do they differ? how do they compare to the focal polyglass?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mickey's autosound located along a.rodriguez in pasig. they sell high-end products there and is a recommended shop of our KAC bros :D

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    8th sin,
    your amp should give enough juice for the seperates...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    dls ok ba na brand yun? sorry tagal na me di nagsosounds eh. alam ko infinity is ok but its quite expensive pero clear ang audio kahit malakas

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ok ang dls...

infinity.. wala pa ako narinig e..

nakarinig na ako ng UP6 pato iridiums.hehehe

ok n ok

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    infinity kappa series is good

Please help me..im a newbie! i want sQ!