New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I drive a Toyota REVO VX240D that has a Kenwood CD player. I have been trying to get the Kenwood audio system to play MP3 CD's ever since I saw the (dimmed) MP3 logo in the display. But when I insert an MP3 CD, the display shows the elapsed playing time but no sound comes out. The track titles does not show either.

Is this machine supposed to be able to play MP3's in the first place? If not, why does it have the MP3 logo (alongside the CD, FM/AM, and AUX logos)?

Since this was a reposessed car, it did not come with a manual. I suspect the first owner may have tampered with the audio system ... he did steal the multi-CD changer and there are marks that show attempts of trying to steal the LCD TVs.

Anyone else have the same car/sound system? Help!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Here's a photo of the stereo I am referring to. Click on the thumbnail for full-sized image

Model is Kenwood DPX 6020

Help anyone?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Please do not post the same thread in different boards. Delete one of them, please.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    I browse mo na lang sa internet, baka makita mo dun.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dennison
    I drive a Toyota REVO VX240D that has a Kenwood CD player. I have been trying to get the Kenwood audio system to play MP3 CD's ever since I saw the (dimmed) MP3 logo in the display. But when I insert an MP3 CD, the display shows the elapsed playing time but no sound comes out. The track titles does not show either.

Is this machine supposed to be able to play MP3's in the first place? If not, why does it have the MP3 logo (alongside the CD, FM/AM, and AUX logos)?

Since this was a reposessed car, it did not come with a manual. I suspect the first owner may have tampered with the audio system ... he did steal the multi-CD changer and there are marks that show attempts of trying to steal the LCD TVs.

Anyone else have the same car/sound system? Help!
    Hi, Check this link http://www.cardomain.com/item/KENDPX6020 you will see why.

Playing MP3 CD's with Kenwood sound system (REVO VX240D)