New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaynard View Post
    will replacing stock head unit void electrical warranty for toyota?
    if upgrade ko head unit to Pioneer AVH 5850BT or any android unit compatible ba yung buttons sa steering wheel?
    My Android HU supports steering wheel controls naman. About warranty, you better check with Toyota personnel.

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Haven't read the entire thread, but if the purpose is functionality with apps, Android HU ka, then if you are after sound tuning options, mag 5850BT ka. For me, very important yung time alignment. Iba yung tunog mas buo. I don't know if Android HU's has the same capability.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Anyone here have seen AutoLink's new vid? Upcoming add-on module daw that adds Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to your stock HU. Parang ok na ako dun, though I still want to replace the stock AVT HU. Di talaga ako nagagandahan sa performance.

Sent from my E6683 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    Expandability and upgrading the overall sound system will be a problem though on generic Android units. While Pioneer has a multitude of tuning options, have a strong Preout Voltage, has a very capable thick-sounding DAC and a great Bluetooth quality. Yung stock HU ng Swift ko, is an AVT unit. The sound quality using BT and USB is night and day. Tapos meron pa palang mga ibang HUs ang AVT na walang RCA out so good luck on your car audio upgrades. To think AVT costs more than most of the Android HUs out there.
    is there any easy solution mate to upgrade without any issues

5. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by artsky View Post
    Haven't read the entire thread, but if the purpose is functionality with apps, Android HU ka, then if you are after sound tuning options, mag 5850BT ka. For me, very important yung time alignment. Iba yung tunog mas buo. I don't know if Android HU's has the same capability.
    I second this .. But on Android, you will have to then buy a separate crossover to compensate the sq.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I think one of the drawbacks of using an Android HU is the slow startup, yung iba inaadvertise nila na may quickboot, yung Win CE ng AVT I think mga 5 seconds mag boot after starting.

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Pioneer if your going for purely sound, android if your going for all around functionality. Really depends what your into. The android unit would have everything a pioneer unit has.

I would always go for pioneer anyday of the week just for quality of sound.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123