New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Got tweeters that has passive crossovers, where Do I hook them up?

Possible ba kukuha na mismo sa front speaker wires ? if possible paano na yung front speakers ko?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I would assume your front speakers are connected to the HU directly, is it?

Either HU or amp, you can connect in parallel by tapping into it, but make sure your source is stable with the lower load. If your front is 4 ohms and the tweets are 4 ohms too, the source will then see a 2 ohm load if they're connected in parallel.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    wildthing

Im plaaning to replace my stock speaker with targe x-402c series 2 way compo.

The markings say 4ohms, Im not sure if its 4ohms for the mids only, or 4ohms for both mids and tweeters.

a quick question, if it sees less resistance, 2ohms, what will this less resistance translate to? more power?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    more power but more heat to the amplifier and damge the unit

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ahh tama

nabasa ko na about parallel, pero uhmm iinit kaya yan especially pag tweets lang dinagdag kong load? kayanin kaya ng HU?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Ah ok, set pala sya. Basa ko nga yung thread mo sa KAC.

In that case, you will have to remove the stock speakers. Bale replacement na sya. Then tap into that line for the whole set. Follow the wiring diagram that came with it, if there is.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    if tweets is connected with a condenser its ok, if no condenser connected in series with the tweets the impedance is 4ohms

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ok

will do, thank you, problem is wala kasi kasamang wiring diag

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Radiazone.

can tell kung may condenser sya, since yung crossover nya, is parang dun lang sa wire mismo, nakabalot din

Passive Crossover, pwede directly sa Front speaker wire kukuha ng signal?