New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Every brand has good and bad models, so it's not enough to simply say that a particular brand is better than another i nall their products. I wouldnt be surprised even if competing brands churned out from the same factory!In my case though, Ive never really been a fan of Alpine to tell you guys the truth. Our old 1989 Galant came with a Pioneer HU, while our 1992 Corolla came with an Alpine. Masmaagang nasira yung display ng Alpine, even though we bought it years later than the pioneer unit. Needless to say,this might have actually been just a "lemon" model. Pero I really wasnt a fan of Alpine even before. Ive always didnt find their designs appealing enough for me to choose them ahead of Pioneer.
    Stock HU ng 1993 Corolla GLi is Alpine. Had also a CD changer installed. Both conked out eventually and had a difficulty having it repaired.

The Pioneer HU it replaced lasted longer and still in use until now.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I've always bought Pioneer (3rd unit purchase ko na last month) because of the service and parts availability.

I recently bought DEH-P5050UB to replace stock HU. The iPod integration is very good since it mimics the iPod's controls. That is, you control your iPod thru the HU. This is something I like because I hide my iPod in the glove compartment -- this is one reason why I chose this unit because the USB port is in the back allowing me to route the cable to a hidden location. Unlike other HUs that requires a separate 3.5mm stereo plug, you'll only need a USB cable to connect an iPod to the Pioneer unit.

Although it only comes with a 3-band parametric equalizer, its 40w RMS built-in amp still makes the stock speakers sound a whole lot better.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pioneer na IMO get the higher end UB models. for me 4050 or 6050 kasi blue

[IMG]http://www.pioneer-latin.com/downloads/deh_p4050ub_es_l*20080903*l.jpg[/IMG]

DEH-P4050UB

[IMG]http://www.pioneer-latin.com/downloads/deh-p6050ub_p2*071127*l.jpg[/IMG]

DEH-P6050UB

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ang gaganda ng head unit na yan!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12