New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hi just want to replace my head unit on my Altis 1.6V, just wandering which brand is better for single DIN unit, Alpine or Pioneer.

Both brands have almost the same features like Ipod Integration and Max Power Output.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dunno, but i feel pioneer has slightly the edge, because it is a bit cheaper and has more service centers.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    havent used alpine yet but I believe they're at par with each other. personal preference na lang. pero ang mumura ng mga latest pioneers ngayon.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i dunno, but i feel pioneer has slightly the edge, because it is a bit cheaper and has more service centers.
    Agree with these. Pioneers seems to have the quintessential "more bang for the buck". And the presence of local service centers is "icing on the cake".

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i think it's more on a personal preference kung ano ang hinahanap mo sa HU. both brands are great naman. may we know how much is your budget for the HU? i choose alpine kasi at that price range sya yung may magandang tuning capabilities compare sa pioneer.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    parehas bro pero depende nalang sa setting mo yan.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I bought a pioneer HU before and it sounds great, never used alpine on my car so can't comment on its performance. Agree with 1D4LV get Pioneer HU.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if you compare alpine and pioneer side by side... low end to low end and high end to high end... alpine comes on top BUT not to the extent for the alpine prices.

if your going competition mode... alpine

good everyday HU with a great price... pioneer.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Every brand has good and bad models, so it's not enough to simply say that a particular brand is better than another i nall their products. I wouldnt be surprised even if competing brands churned out from the same factory!In my case though, Ive never really been a fan of Alpine to tell you guys the truth. Our old 1989 Galant came with a Pioneer HU, while our 1992 Corolla came with an Alpine. Masmaagang nasira yung display ng Alpine, even though we bought it years later than the pioneer unit. Needless to say,this might have actually been just a "lemon" model. Pero I really wasnt a fan of Alpine even before. Ive always didnt find their designs appealing enough for me to choose them ahead of Pioneer.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ok bro tama silang lahat

for everyday used and more cheap with almost the same performce go for pioneer

pero kung gusto mo talaga pang compit at high performance go for Alpine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast