New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I am considering the nextbase portable dvd for my fort which is sold by Ace Hardware. The biggest advantage that i see is that there will be no need to change the oem stereo system and the unit can be mounted on the visor, the windshield via suctions or the headrest. My question is, does anybody have this setup for your car/s? If so, please send in your feedback and your valuable opinions. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hello there, yan po ang su ko ngayon SDV185-SD with tv tuner
    >mas mura, madali ikabit/tangalin/linisin, large screen, hindi maselan sa dbd(kahit pek), tv tuner ay ala-tsamba ang signal misan malabo minsan malinaw, sinubukan ko na external antenna with booster ganun pa rin, BTW pag sa windshield mo ikabit nag overheat sya pag matagal mabilad sa araw, tinatangal ko rin sa parking area baka makursunadahan eh.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    meron din akong nextbase portable dvd player pero most likely not like what you're planning to buy. though it's specifically for car use din kasi may holder talaga sya para sa headrest. so far ayos naman sya. matibay. di namimili ng cd/dvd. pwede mo pang maset yung frequency ng sounds para masagap ng car stereo mo. ok na brand yun. better than Coby IMO.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsukorin View Post
    Hello there, yan po ang su ko ngayon SDV185-SD with tv tuner
    >mas mura, madali ikabit/tangalin/linisin, large screen, hindi maselan sa dbd(kahit pek), tv tuner ay ala-tsamba ang signal misan malabo minsan malinaw, sinubukan ko na external antenna with booster ganun pa rin, BTW pag sa windshield mo ikabit nag overheat sya pag matagal mabilad sa araw, tinatangal ko rin sa parking area baka makursunadahan eh.
    You are right about the tv reception mahina yun pick up ng vhf signal but ok sa uhf like studio 23. The player is okey 2 years ko na gamit.

yun pang windshield na holder magalaw. you need to support it. I put velco strap on both side of the unit and attached the other end to the upper side of the windshield.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    yup next base are good. i've been using it for two years now in my LC suv. imagine extreme conditions here in saudi, dust and heat yet the unit is still doin fine til now.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XUV-AT2002 View Post
    You are right about the tv reception mahina yun pick up ng vhf signal but ok sa uhf like studio 23. The player is okey 2 years ko na gamit.

yun pang windshield na holder magalaw. you need to support it. I put velco strap on both side of the unit and attached the other end to the upper side of the windshield.
    excellent idea Bro!, medyo magalaw nga sya lalo dito sa amen sa cavite bukol-bukol ang kalye

Nextbase Portable DVD for Car - Any feedback?